FINALLY!!! (1 Viewer)

James-Alex

Free Member
Oct 3, 2020
Bath. Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail excel 640G
Very very pleased to say that we’re currently sat on a camping and caravan club site in Devizes after having long delays with funds for our new motorhome. Very pleased so far with the van. Everything is working so far but I’ve not managed to turn the awning light on. Maybe bulb had gone? If anyone has any advice on why it’s not and I’m missing something please advise 😊 very pleased with the diesel heating.... had to open the windows it’s was so toasty... during the handover the gas wasn’t working on stove and they replaced the faulty regulator. We had the cam belt done as part of the buying deal and a starter pack was included that was just basic chemicals for toilet, electric cables and plug hook up. Very pleased with Adrian flux on insurance that we choose, included breakdown and onward journey cover that sort of thing. We’ve also been over the moon to find it’s got out smart the thief lockdown already fitted(just need to contact them for more info and to add the tracker function). We decided to add the extended warranty that was just £500 to give us 2 years instead of the 6months. Happy funsters I must say.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
My Autotrail Awning light had a 5 second delay.
So I would switch it on look outside, nope not that switch, try em all again and leave a few secs before trying the next one

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
You sound happy and pleased with your recent purchase. Now time to enjoy it. Sorting out the annual subscription to out smart the thief for the alarm/tracker should be top of your things to do when you arrive home, if not before.

OP
OP
James-Alex

James-Alex

Free Member
Oct 3, 2020
Bath. Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail excel 640G
I think the awning light switch is on the control panel.
I’ve been pressing the AUX button most the night. The dealer said that’s what to do. Didn’t occur to me that it would be on..... first thing to do is to upgrade that light. It was on but my ciggy lighter provides more light 🤣

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
I’ve been pressing the AUX button most the night. The dealer said that’s what to do. Didn’t occur to me that it would be on..... first thing to do is to upgrade that light. It was on but my ciggy lighter provides more light 🤣

probably just a couple of 5w festoon bulbs 😀

OP
OP
James-Alex

James-Alex

Free Member
Oct 3, 2020
Bath. Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail excel 640G
Check what onward journey covers probably not a motorhome just a car and for how long
As we need the extra seats for the kids but plan on having a drive away awning for them to sleep in we did question this. They advised they would provide a 4 berth motor home and seats but not proper driving seats. Maybe side seats. This only applies to the U.K. not abroad. Due to two young kids we’re not really looking at the moment to go abroad but maybe oneday in the future. We plan on being away just the two of us when we can get childcare in the winter. And will be taking the kids when we can in the summer 😊 I must say I did get Alex to clarify what you asked before agreeing to the policy as I did want more info confirmed too. Cheers 🍻

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
We’ve also been over the moon to find it’s got out smart the thief lockdown already fitted(just need to contact them for more info and to add the tracker function).
Carl is the guy you want to speak to. Very helpful.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back