Finally came to a red light... (1 Viewer)

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
After two years on the road, Jinksy and us have finally come to a halt. He's parked outside our newly purchased farmhouse in rural Auvergne and will probably be sitting there for the next few months while we get some renovation work done. We wanted a base in central France, a house with a barn but when did anyone ever do anything in accordance with their plans so we've ended up with two houses and two massive barns. For me it was the carpentry in the rooves that swung the deal but since we've had a closer look, the 12 new double glazed windows and the uber modern central heating boilers in both buildings have been an added bonus given we haven't spent much more than the cost of a luxury car on the overall purchase.
1819-1.jpg
1819-2.jpg

Spent the last few days signing stuff. Believe me, France is Bureaucracy Central and I'm still recovering from the RSI of initialling the thousands of pages of the sales contract. I miss the life on the road a lot but we needed a place to come back to now and again so here we are. On the bright side, plans are afoot for a trip to Norway in a few months and we're heeding to Paris for two weeks on Saturday - R&R before the roof work begins - yeah those dormers are SO 1970'S and desperately need replacement.
Wish us luck with the work and for those of you on the road - ENJOY
Ponyboy
last blog:
https://slowponyblog.wordpress.com/2015/02/09/sicily-made-me-an-offer-i-couldnt-refuse-part-2/

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
Very nice , there are some beautiful properties in rural France at great prices . hope you enjoy your new project .

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
As the kids say, "well jell". It looks idyllic. Will, no doubt, be a lot of hard work - but well worth it. Hope all goes well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back