Finally a cheap PAYG plan that suits ME! (1 Viewer)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
For a while now I've been hunting around for a low-use sim-only deal that suits my use. Don't make many phone calls or texts and generally any data requirements get covered by the home WiFi or mifi when away. But all the deals seem to concentrate on how much data you can get, together with unlimited calls and texts for so much per month, or the deals only last 30 days. Yes, my current supplier (Tesco) has a "light-use" deal but the call costs are huge in comparison.

So I googled low use sim-only deals and 1pMobile came up. A free sim card (obviously) which you initially top-up with £10 but then gives you everything at 1p a time - 1p a minute for calls, which includes EU as well, 1p per text and 1p per mb of data. There is no expiry date for the credit, you just need to top up every 120, yes 120, days to keep the account active, which on current use will suit me just fine. (There is an option to top-up higher amounts with subsequently longer activation periods). The network uses EE and is 4G compliant so shouldn't be any connection problems. Seems to me it would also be a good deal for those who use a sim-card in alarms etc. or mobile trackers such as those used to keep an eye on kids whereabouts.

Time will tell, of course but on the face of it looks like a solution for me. So please don't post about how you can get mega GB of data for peanuts etc. 'cos that's precisely what I did NOT want!

If you want to take a look go to BROKEN LINK . If you join up and use the code L53931T they'll add a free £5 top-up to your sim when you activate it. (Yes I get a kick-back too but why not?)

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Yep did have one as a back up not a bad deal but didn't bother after the credit/ time limit as found in some places no service so went back to my Toggle sim .
Could be good for some though.
You also get the £5 if introducing someone with that code also I believe so a win win (y)
There was also a thread at the same time poss by Minxy Girl re a 3 sim purchase for £4.99(?) But once activated has £10 credit I bought a couple as emergency Sims still have one in spare phone send a text to myself every 6 months to keep active can receive anywhere foc

Vic. Parsons.

Free Member
Mar 2, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymermobil S740
Exp
since 2014
I've been using 1p mobile for over a year and it's a good deal.
Port your number to the new sim and away you go.
They do a data top up as well which reduces the 1p per megabyte to roughly 1/2p per MB (2gb) for £10 a month or 1/4p per mb (4gb) for £15 a month etc. Maximum of 7.5gb per month while roaming.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Looked at 1p Mobile for the back-up sim in my dual sim phone but as wife already on EE went with O2 Classic PAYG (which is now discontinued for new customers) at 1/2/3p for phone/text/data. Gives us three different networks for when we're up north.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I went with 1p mobile originally at £10 plus a £5 referral bonus, so £15 in total, but found that having to top up every 3 months with a minimum of £10 was more than I'd use so I'd end up with a glut of credit which didn't makes sense, therefore when it was due to be topped up again I just used up what I had and then bought a '3' phone sim off Ebay for £4.99 with £10 worth of unexpiring credit on, which I'm still using! The costs are 1p per mb of data, 2p per text, 3p per minute for calls including roaming - details on this thread:

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back