Fifth time lucky? Maybe? Perhaps? (1 Viewer)

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
1# A few months ago I booked to take my son on a ski trip to Switzerland leaving on Dec 11th as a graduation present.
2# Switzerland effectively banned British tourists last week with their new Covid regulations so I moved the flights and rearranged the accommodation, parking etc for mid January.
3# Switzerland then lifted the ban and introduced pre entry testing. Great, so I moved flights and accommodation etc back to this month but a little later retuning on the 20th.
4# UK government re-introduces the testing before returning from Tuesday 7th so now my wife says ' sorry you need to cancel again in case you contract Covid on the flight or the train and you get quarantined in Switzerland over Christmas'.
5# Flights and accommodation etc now moved to Jan 4th. So hopefully 5th time lucky 🤞

OP
OP
Itsmcb
Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Fair play to easyJet and Bristol airport parking, all these changes have been easy to do online and without any charges.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Congratulations to your son, must have worked hard over last years. Good luck on the changes you have made hope you get away.
1638893590289.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Itsmcb
Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Thank you for your comments. The poor lad spent best part of last year and this year either in his halls room or his bedroom taking video lessons. No graduation ceremony and not even his results until mid September.
Not quite the Uni experience he was hoping for. The trip was to get some fresh mountain air into him. We will definitely go in the new year, if we have to quarantine in Switzerland then so be it.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Both can look back at your different experiences, chat about that on the slopes over hot chocolate. Nice positive approach that You Will ski.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back