fiat x250 judder (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
a-classs
Exp
I have been reading that fiat started to fit modified engine mounts from thursday 19th
Has anyone had them changed yet and have they made a difference

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
never had a problem on my 2001 fiat.

said all along it was soft engine mounts and not a transmission fault but fiat wouldnt have it.:Angry:

Oscarmax

Free Member
Oct 22, 2008
Funster No
MH
Coach
Exp
may 2008
the 6th of Febuary Fiat phoned and told me to book my van in at Guest Commercial trucks in Wolverhampton, to date the garage are having difficulty obtaining the parts from Fiat, can I chase Fiat, I chase Fiat, Fiat say they will chase the garage:ROFLMAO:

I have heard the mount are rubbish,:Doh:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
this letter is from fiat on another site
Fiat UK

Posted: 23 February 2009 9:38 AM
Subject: RE: Major Fiat/Peugeot/Citroen problems/ Reversing judder

New User

Update for Fiat Ducato 2.3ltr customers

As you are now mainly aware that the modifications have begun. This process is being monintored closely by Customer Relations and our Technical Department.

A number of customers have had the engine mounts fitted and the vehicles tested. As advised previously, the vehicle is then tested by the customer and the dealership.

Our technical department are going to visit a number of vehicles at the dealerships to inspect the mounts and advise on any further modification if required.

Our intention is to make sure that these modifications work and should we require these to stop for further testing, we will. I'm sure that our customers would understand if we felt that the modifications were not working and required further support.

We enjoyed meeting many of you at the NEC show last week. It was good to put some faces to names.

In a previous post, we did advise that we would look again to see if posting in this forum was effective. It is becoming very time consuming and is drawing us away from our main duty of assisting our customers directly.

We will now cut back on the amount of posts on here, however, we will still be responding to private messages and post when we have further information.

If you have a concern and would like to contact us, you can reach us by email - customerrelations@fiat.com
telephone - 00800 3428 0000
Address - 240 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX

Please note that we can only assist UK Fiat customers

OP
OP
karalal
Apr 27, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
a-classs
Exp
Today received a phonecall from some agency working for fiat customer care asking for my opinions regarding my first contact with fiat at the beginning of the year
They asked on a scale of 1 to 10 for the majority of the questions and if my van had been to the dealership yet, as it is the 3 ltr version I explained I have had no contact since I reported the problem .
They asked in what way fiat customer care could be improved. I asked the guy on the phone how much time did he have.
I think that the person on the other end of the phone was phoning for Italy.
Has anybody else had a call from them

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
Can I just add my tuppence worth, from my letter I received today from Fiat.
Re the " clutch judder"

Briefly..........
The feedback has been received from only a very small minority of Motorhome Owners,however we take comments of this nature very seriously and therefore our Tech Serv's team in Italy are currently investigating.
Their is some more which states that investigations are still ongoing and details will be provided once results are in "as it where" ???

Quote..... dshague

If you have a concern and would like to contact us, you can reach us by email - customerrelations@fiat.com
telephone - 00800 3428 0000
Address - 240 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX

Please note that we can only assist UK Fiat customers

is this above the upto date contact for fiat ? cause the no's in my handbooks drew a blank response, and my local fiat van centre reckon fiat uk dont treat converted vans as " full blown uk vans. " a bit like a grey import says he.... that cant be correct , can it. ??:whatthe:
Pete,

nozzel

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Birmingham West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class & RV US
Exp
43 years
I have been told that Fiat is trying to pass the judder problem off as 'engine mountings' when in fact it is the reverse gear its self is the cause, some thing to do with its ratio. Mountings are cheap and easy to fit, gear replacement costs run into the hundreds. If that's all it is, why did they have to go to great lengths testing and require 'technical information' so as to move forward. A simple recall to fit new mounts would have been all that was required.
On the test after repair they may want to show you in how to release the clutch out more slowly and smoothly so it doesn't judder. Don't be fooled into thinking its your driving or the problem is solved.
I'm sure Fiat wants to correct the fault (what ever the cost) and standby its product without thinking for one moment about its profits.
Nozzel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back