Fiat Ducato P053C code

Joined
Aug 18, 2017
Posts
225
Likes collected
572
Location
SK10
Funster No
50,054
MH
Coachbuilt
My 2016/17 Ducato 2.3 has thrown up the ‘check engine’ warning and the yellow engine management light a few times while in France in the last week or so. The OBD reader tells me the only stored code is P053C, ‘positive crankcase ventilation heater control circuit high’.

Having done some research I believe I know what component I’m looking for, but it’s not jumping out at me in the engine bay. Could someone with better knowledge of the engine suggest where I might find the heater element and its attached hoses, please? Would it be under the plastic engine cover that I haven’t yet removed?

Thanks in advance for the help.
 
My 2016/17 Ducato 2.3 has thrown up the ‘check engine’ warning and the yellow engine management light a few times while in France in the last week or so. The OBD reader tells me the only stored code is P053C, ‘positive crankcase ventilation heater control circuit high’.

Having done some research I believe I know what component I’m looking for, but it’s not jumping out at me in the engine bay. Could someone with better knowledge of the engine suggest where I might find the heater element and its attached hoses, please? Would it be under the plastic engine cover that I haven’t yet removed?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Hi,
Did you get a resolution for this? I have the same error on my 2018 2.3 130 Ducato. It's made no difference to driving, fuel consumption is the same. Did you find out where the connector is?
Thanks,
Neil.
 
Hi,
Did you get a resolution for this? I have the same error on my 2018 2.3 130 Ducato. It's made no difference to driving, fuel consumption is the same. Did you find out where the connector is?
Thanks,
Neil.
The lights went or of their own accord after 500-600 miles. I’ve not seen them in the subsequent 500 miles, likewise the error code which I erased with the OBD reader.

I did find the valve after removing the plastic engine cover. It’s on top of the engine, to the right and rear. Looks like it could be a diy job if there’s a way of getting through the pipework above it.

Take a look at this thread where there’s a further discussion. A funster kindly added links to another forum where someone actually got around to replacing the valve.

Sure I’ve also seen someone say they got rid of the errors by bridging the socket with a bit of fuse wire.
 
I'm Sparticus
 
The lights went or of their own accord after 500-600 miles. I’ve not seen them in the subsequent 500 miles, likewise the error code which I erased with the OBD reader.

I did find the valve after removing the plastic engine cover. It’s on top of the engine, to the right and rear. Looks like it could be a diy job if there’s a way of getting through the pipework above it.

Take a look at this thread where there’s a further discussion. A funster kindly added links to another forum where someone actually got around to replacing the valve.

Sure I’ve also seen someone say they got rid of the errors by bridging the socket with a bit of fuse wire.
Excellent, thanks. I'll take a look at the links. I like the fusewire trick!
 
Excellent, thanks. I'll take a look at the links. I like the fusewire trick!

There you go. Knew I’d seen it somewhere.
 
An update on this thread that I started over two years ago.

After showing up intermittently over a long period, the P053C code and check engine warning became permanent this summer. I bit the bullet, ordered the part and had it fitted during the MOT today. Error code and warning no longer present.

The part has various descriptions, but ‘blow-by pipe’ will do for me. FIAT part number is 5802052418 and I got it from Shop4Parts for just shy of £120 delivered. The garage charged me 30 minutes’ labour to install.

There’s at least one YouTube video now showing diagnosis and diy replacement.
 

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Log in

Already a member? Log in here.

Forum posts reflect the views of individual users and not MotorhomeFun.
MotorhomeFun does not endorse or verify user-generated content.

Back
Top