Fiat Ducato Diesel Particulate Sensor Woes (1 Viewer)

Sep 4, 2021
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Returner after 20 years without a Motorhome
Has anybody experienced failure with the diesel particulate sensor on a recent Fiat Ducato motorvan or Motorhome?

We ordered a new Adria Twin Supreme SLB in October 2020 and finally took delivery in September 2021. The vehicle is great but we have had problems with the starter battery which seems to charge from the EHU but not from the alternator. I thought the battery was at fault and had it tested by a Fiat Professional garage who told me the battery was fine but they didn’t check the alternator.

Finally, last week I took it to another Fiat Professional garage for a diagnostic check and they told me that both the alternator and particular sensor are faulty and probably have been for some time. They are prepared to change both items under warranty but tell me that the sensor is on back order and may not be back in stock for some time. Furthermore they say I should not drive the vehicle le until the sensor is replaced

So does anybody know if these sensors are readily available anywhere in the U.K. and also if it is best not to use the motorvan until the sensor is replaced?

Thanks for looking

Bob

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
If you mean dpf pressure sensor then there are 2 different ones fitted to a ducato , is it a 6D or pre ad blue.
There are shortages of particular parts from time to time that may be in some parts store not in general circulation.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S
Sep 4, 2021
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Returner after 20 years without a Motorhome
Thanks for your reply. I’m not sure which type of sensor is at fault. The garage said they would get back to me on Wednesday to see if the part is available. If they still can’t get one I will ask them which sensor it is and then search around for one. It’s a real pain now the spring weather is here and we want to be off in the van

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone

Plenty of hits if you search

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun