Mitchyd

Free Member
Jan 4, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano T725
Exp
Dont own yet
Morning all we hope your keeping safe and well, I'm looking for a project to do on our new to us motorhome.
We haven't had the chance to use it yet but the little I have driven it we both noticed a draft coming in around the cab doors but mostly from the door catch?? I have read that this has been a problem on some models so my question is have any members managed too resolve the problem. Thanks and stay safe

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Same on my 2007 Relay conv --cold right leg .Have taped door side vent but still a draught.I know its been mentioned on here before but would like to sort while time on my hands ?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Check under passenger (left) seat. On some models there's a bung missing in a 2 inch hole.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Tape over the vents in the doors (seen when door open in the door itself).
Then buy or make a rubber strip to seal between bottom of windscreen and dashboard. They are cheap and just press into position.

fullfat

Free Member
Nov 27, 2017
The North
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Tape over the vents in the doors (seen when door open in the door itself).
Then buy or make a rubber strip to seal between bottom of windscreen and dashboard. They are cheap and just press into position.
any links? thanks

OP
OP
M

Mitchyd

Free Member
Jan 4, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano T725
Exp
Dont own yet
No I'm sure our draft is coming though the inner door handle and it was noticeable worse when we where driving and we had a side wind blowing us? I was wondering if the inner door panel was removed and some type of draft exclude was fitted? Could try taping around the inner door trim to the door to see if that does the job before removing door panel but can't try that till I can drive again.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Ah. If your draft is when driving then the x230 Ducato cab is known to have doors that bulge outwards when driving.
I cited with an extra door rubber strip attached to door that then closed against the cab door rubber.
You may have to adjust the door catch pin afterwards as door is slightly harder to close. Simple 19mm? Spanner to loosen, move and tighten.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Link for windscreen dash seal. eBay this description.
Screenshot_20200329-125127.png. OR.... SEAL.

Last edited:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Look under the van just behind where the passengers seat is located and you'll probably see these
Cab vents 01.jpg

You can get pukka covers from FIAT but at a cost! Or remove them \ cover the flaps with something.
Cab vents 02.jpg

They're a throwback to the original van base chassis and designed to let the air pressure out when closing the doors but, obviously, plenty of other holes in a motorhome than allows that!

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
Lying in the drop-down one night my better half was telling how me how she was feeling a draught. I'd checked on here previously and was regaling her with the reasons why it could be and that I'd make my way through the list the following morning. When I got up I noticed I'd left the window open :oops:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back