Fiat Ducato Bonnet Vent Water Leaks (1 Viewer)

Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Hi Everyone
This is my final piece in the jigsaw puzzle to deal with engine bay water leaks. As some of you may know I have designed some 3D printed items to deal with some of the leak problems, and this last project should deal with the water ingress through the bonnet vents that seep through the rubber seal between the bonnet scoop and the ventilation intake cowling. The gutter assembly I have made will fix to the underside of the intake cowling with 4 stainless screws, and catch any water that seeps through, and redirects it through a hose to the back of the engine bay along side the existing fiat drain at the back of the cowling. Doing final tests on my van to confirm it’s effectiveness. Looking good so far. It’s the largest print I’ve ever made and takes 9hours to print. Would like some input/comments from anyone interested in my project.

510AED1B-A4E8-4D31-8FE1-D733074E1DCC.jpeg BDD93C59-2553-4DA8-994F-3859E7F57483.jpeg DC01BFD5-EDC3-41DA-B4AF-427D653321C3.jpeg 3B5CF04D-AD18-4042-9611-EDF820C3088B.jpeg

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I've never thought was a problem
Mine runs down the back of the airbox and out the drain at the bottom.
The rubber seal stops it running out the front unless you lift the bonnet while it's raining

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PaulandChrissy
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
I've never thought was a problem
Mine runs down the back of the airbox and out the drain at the bottom.
The rubber seal stops it running out the front unless you lift the bonnet while it's raining
I thought the same. But a few people have mentioned it, so I looked at mine, and they were right. The rubber seal keeps a fair bit out, but it does leak onto the gearbox and air filter.

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
I thought the same. But a few people have mentioned it, so I looked at mine, and they were right. The rubber seal keeps a fair bit out, but it does leak onto the gearbox and air filter.
I have stuck a piece of PVC on the bottom of bonnet airbox to extend it into the airbox drain when closed ...works for me.

OP
OP
PaulandChrissy
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
I have stuck a piece of PVC on the bottom of bonnet airbox to extend it into the airbox drain when closed ...works for me.
You must have read my mind, or I yours. Was just thinking about simplifying things along the same lines. The simplest ideas are nearly always the best. 👍

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
You must have read my mind, or I yours. Was just thinking about simplifying things along the same lines. The simplest ideas are nearly always the best. 👍
Just used a piece of Damp Course black plastic ..works a treat along with the drain hole mods and the plastic engine top cover .Also use some gutter "hedgehog " leaf strips along scuttle .Worst problem was the d/side wiper spindle blocking up with water but enlarged drainhole and drilled "overflow " hole ….after experiencing a seized spindle ...also regularly lube shafts with penetrating oil.

OP
OP
PaulandChrissy
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
These Fiats have so many water issues leaking into the engine bay it beggars belief. We shouldn’t have to go to such lengths to sort these problems. Such is life. 😉

Tinker

Free Member
Jan 10, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato
Hi Everyone
This is my final piece in the jigsaw puzzle to deal with engine bay water leaks. As some of you may know I have designed some 3D printed items to deal with some of the leak problems, and this last project should deal with the water ingress through the bonnet vents that seep through the rubber seal between the bonnet scoop and the ventilation intake cowling. The gutter assembly I have made will fix to the underside of the intake cowling with 4 stainless screws, and catch any water that seeps through, and redirects it through a hose to the back of the engine bay along side the existing fiat drain at the back of the cowling. Doing final tests on my van to confirm it’s effectiveness. Looking good so far. It’s the largest print I’ve ever made and takes 9hours to print. Would like some input/comments from anyone interested in my project.

View attachment 455183 View attachment 455184 View attachment 455185 View attachment 455186
Hi

Tinker

Free Member
Jan 10, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato
Hi Everyone

View attachment 455183 View attachment 455184 View attachment 455185 View attachment 455186
Hi Paul
Do you sell these items if so how much would it cost. thanks Jonathan

OP
OP
PaulandChrissy
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Hi Tinker
Yes, I do sell them, link below. I am in Spain at the moment and return middle of March. If you can wait I can come back to you as soon as I return
Cheers PaulandChrissy

Christopher007

Free Member
Jan 31, 2023
Funster No
MH
Mc Louis Tandy
Fits all the way up to the current model 2022. Tested it on my brothers 2021 camper.
Hey Paul - I would love to learn more about this to possible stop a problem I have on our 2009 Ducato with water ingress. Not sure how I can contact you as it didn't allow me to message or purchase from the ad page (maybe cos I'm a new user on this forum). Anyway if there is anyway you can reach out to me via PM or reply to here it would be much appreciated. Cheers. Chris

OP
OP
PaulandChrissy
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Hey Paul - I would love to learn more about this to possible stop a problem I have on our 2009 Ducato with water ingress. Not sure how I can contact you as it didn't allow me to message or purchase from the ad page (maybe cos I'm a new user on this forum). Anyway if there is anyway you can reach out to me via PM or reply to here it would be much appreciated. Cheers. Chris
Hi Christopher007.
We are now back from Spain. Please contact me by email at chrisatheathpark@yahoo.com

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back