Fiat Ducato Battery cable routing (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 14, 2022
Carvoeiro, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Bavaria T71LP
Exp
50 years of boating, just one on motorhomes.
I have just about finished (finally) the installation of a new house battery with a renogy b2b. The camper is going into a workshop next month for a number of jobs, one of which is to run proper cables from the starter battery to the b2b rather than the current cable which is not big enough by far. However, I am intending to go away for a long weekend before then and I would really like to have the house battery charging from the engine as the spot we are going to for a few days has no EHU and I would like to arrive with full batteries.

So, I intend to run a temporary cable from the engine battery to the B2B which is in a locker about .5mtr behind the passenger seat. There is a vent on the side of this I can run the cable through.

Question is how do I get the cables from the starter battery to go under the carpet and pop out behind the drivers seat?

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
On my 2008 ducato, there is an existing cable run from the engine battery box under the floor cover towards the drivers seat, I managed to get 2 16mm cable's in there from the starter battery to my B2B that I fitted under the drivers seat.

OP
OP
DavidCh
Apr 14, 2022
Carvoeiro, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Bavaria T71LP
Exp
50 years of boating, just one on motorhomes.
On my 2008 ducato, there is an existing cable run from the engine battery box under the floor cover towards the drivers seat, I managed to get 2 16mm cable's in there from the starter battery to my B2B that I fitted under the drivers seat.
Thanks, hunting around on the Internet I found this picture that looks like the one you are referring to?
battbosch3.jpg

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
Here's my install

Join us or log in to post a reply.