Fiat Ducato 2008 retro fit cruise control £220 (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Just had it fitted near Peterborough. Has stalk control and looks identical to an originally fitted one. Even the light on the dash lights up when its engaged !

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Yes !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
A dealer retro fitted cruise control to a new Burstner we bought in 2008, a year later when the main vehicle wiring harness burnt out we were advised that they had used scotch clips which is not recommended and this was to blame, the vehicle was rewired at a cost of £3000. I would be asking how he has connected the wiring which apparently should be soldered on.

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
A dealer retro fitted cruise control to a new Burstner we bought in 2008, a year later when the main vehicle wiring harness burnt out we were advised that they had used scotch clips which is not recommended and this was to blame, the vehicle was rewired at a cost of £3000. I would be asking how he has connected the wiring which apparently should be soldered on.

Strangely enough he took photos underneath of a wiring section that was almost rubbing on a chassis member He also showed me photos of other vehicles with the same issue. He put a piece of conduit around it to protect it from chafing. He also noticed a brake wear indicator was hanging loose which he reaffixed.

The job took 3 hours to do so it wasnt 15 mins and on your way. Anyway i'm happy so far ...

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Strangely enough he took photos underneath of a wiring section that was almost rubbing on a chassis member He also showed me photos of other vehicles with the same issue. He put a piece of conduit around it to protect it from chafing. He also noticed a brake wear indicator was hanging loose which he reaffixed.

The job took 3 hours to do so it wasnt 15 mins and on your way. Anyway i'm happy so far ...
Glad that you were happy with his work, the issue was how the new wiring was connected to the existing wiring harness, as mentioned it has to be soldered on.

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Am thinking of getting one fitted so thanks for the recommendation - the only problem is I live in Cheshire so a bit of a trek to get to him - anyone recommend anyone nearer to me? thanks..

He will travel if you pay him for it ! He suggested to me that if youre in no rush and somone else local wants it doing you could split the travelling cost. We made a weekend away of it so the cost of travel didnt bother us.

ShaunAlex

Free Member
Mar 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
He will travel if you pay him for it! He suggested to me that if you're in no rush and someone else local wants it doing you could split the travelling cost. We made a weekend away of it so the cost of travel didn't bother us.
Thanks, good advice that - anyone else looking to get one fitted local to Cheshire? Or if not, yes I was thinking about making it into a few days away as well, just some reccs for a campsite around Peterborough? Thanks all...

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks, good advice that - anyone else looking to get one fitted local to Cheshire? Or if not, yes I was thinking about making it into a few days away as well, just some reccs for a campsite around Peterborough? Thanks all...

He is located about 10 or 12 miles north of Peterborough at Market Deeping.

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
We st

We stayed at Rutland water for the night, about 20 odd miles away i think. There are a couple of pubs who allow parking aswell around the area of Market Deeping.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
I fitted my own retro fit cruise vontroll it didn't take that long and it was my first there's another thread about some one else doing same no scotch locks with my kit all plugs in

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
I fitted my own retro fit cruise vontroll it didn't take that long and it was my first there's another thread about some one else doing same no scotch locks with my kit all plugs in

Sounds like a good idea for anyone who fancies trying it, i know i would havw had a go if i had known and the price made it worth having a go. Perhaps a link to your kit might help someone ?

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Sounds like a good idea for anyone who fancies trying it, i know i would havw had a go if i had known and the price made it worth having a go. Perhaps a link to your kit might help someone ?

Scroll down the page to post #1194 and you will see the retro fit system that both I and @mitzimad have fitted.
On our Peugeot Boxer it was 3 soldered conections, 2 of which were on the canbus wires at the OBD port and an ignition feed from the wiring loom adjacent to the OBD port, position and fit the cruise control stalk and then it all just plugs in.

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...xed-on-your-motorhome-this-week.70246/page-60

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Just checked your post. It cost me less than that to have it supplied and fitted !! I paid £220 in total .... true that i had to travel to have it fitted so there was additional cost but we enjoyed the weekend away.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Just checked your post. It cost me less than that to have it supplied and fitted !! I paid £220 in total .... true that i had to travel to have it fitted so there was additional cost but we enjoyed the weekend away.

Yes £11 more, not a killer amount, but yours does not have 2 x preset speed controls or the speed limiter which I think add value and is a really handy for roadworks and the like at the flick of a switch. (y)

Alex was going to fit the factory original cruise control he has fitted to your van but the ECU on our van would not accept the programming for it.

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Am thinking of getting one fitted so thanks for the recommendation - the only problem is I live in Cheshire so a bit of a trek to get to him - anyone recommend anyone nearer to me? thanks..
The usual recommendation for cruise control in the West Midlands is @dave newell lvs
You should be able to see his advert to the right of your screen or below if on a phone. Website is www.davenewell.co.uk

Apr 22, 2019
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
main thing you can enjoy cruise control option.
happy days to everyone.
cheers

Apr 22, 2019
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
main thing is you can enjoy cruise control option
aftermarket module have more options (I fit them as well) but it's different to factory.
when possible is the best to keep it factory.
happy days to everyone.
cheers

Jan 11, 2018
Malvern Link, Malvern, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
I'm fortunate that my MH does have cruise fitted (2.3ltr 130bhp)

If it didn't the reason I would have to consider it it that mine has a very light throttle in terms of the operating load, so the slight effort of keeping your foot still on the motorway really makes my foot/leg ache.
Obviously with cruise on it's not a problem

Deleted User
... the slight effort of keeping your foot still on the motorway really makes my foot/leg ache.
Obviously with cruise on it's not a problem

Not only does that make my leg ache, it's all too easy to end up speeding as your foot slowly drops closer to the floor ... cruise control may save you money in the long run as well as leg ache!!

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
I am sure he is a member on here. Do a search under his name?

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
I have just sent him a text suggesting he looks at this thread......

hopefully he will get in touch ..

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back