Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 2, 2019
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 726
Exp
Since 2019
Our Van is just over 7 years old and the wheels are suffering from a fair bit of pitting / corrosion. I understand it is quite a common issue. Just wondered if it was worth stumping up for a refurbishment. Has anyone had this done ?

Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
I am planning on getting our fiat factory alloys powder coated. Seen a few on the road and think they look better than the factory finish.

0F34C2C1-060A-48EE-9649-C9545C1EF15C.jpeg

OP
OP
B
Feb 2, 2019
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 726
Exp
Since 2019
Nothing connected to me but these seem a good buy…😎

They do seem decent value. I probably should have given a bit more consideration to the bigger picture before getting new tyres all round in December 🤨

Aug 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
panel van conversion
I am planning on getting our fiat factory alloys powder coated. Seen a few on the road and think they look better than the factory finish.

View attachment 724879
Diamond cut alloys look great when they are new but can easily get the 'worms' under the lacquer within 2 or 3 winters if used where the roads are salted many months of the year.

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Alloy Wheel refurb companies are very common now, you should be paying around £50-£70 per wheel for a straight powder coated finish, more if you want diamond cut (which I'd advise against for the reasons Drexl says). It brings them up nicely. If yours are very heavily pitted that can show through a new finish a bit, but usually they come up good as new.

Don't bother with mobile operators who advertise that they come to you and work out of a van, they just paint them and the prep isn't always great. They can be OK for little scuff repairs but not much more. You want them blasting, powder coating and baking, which means a factory unit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back