Fiat are a joke. (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Not true I phoned and within 3 weeks mine was done...stage 1 and stage 2 :thumb:

Correct me if I am wrong but from memory ( which is not that good these days ) it took a long time before Fiat or their dealers would even admit there was a problem and said that "it was a characteristic of the design".
It may be that either you were lucky or perhaps one of the later ones when finally they accepted there was a problem and started to deal with it.

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Correct me if I am wrong but from memory ( which is not that good these days ) it took a long time before Fiat or their dealers would even admit there was a problem and said that "it was a characteristic of the design".
It may be that either you were lucky or perhaps one of the later ones when finally they accepted there was a problem and started to deal with it.

Soooo right.
As Merc. owners we sympathised with the FIAT owners and their judder problems and how FIAT refused to accept there was a problem. Before that there was the scuttle problem and a refusal to accept that. I could go on but I won't.

So now we have the retort that a FIAT part may be expensive, but thank your lucky stars that you don't own a Merc. because the same part would cost a lot more.

Short and selective memories, springs to mind.

Pete:Cool:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
In defence of Fiat a mechanic from a local Fiat dealer came onto our site in the Costa Brava twice last summer and fixed the van. Total cost inc part and labour €20. He spent at least 1 hour on site diagnosing the problem and then back the next day to fit the replacement part.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Fiat response to the judder was no different to any other manufacturer when a fault arises. Has Merc accepted the exploding headlamp problem yet?

According to the AA and RAC they get less call outs to Fiat than Merc.

Have a look at Fiat, Merc, Ford, Peogeot forums and you will find similar stories. :Doh:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Fix Or Repair Daily

But never mind, thanks for the support JJ

Found On Reservation Dumps :ROFLMAO:

They all have faults it's how the manufacturers sort it out.......I must admit from my personal dealings American seem to admit to faults and sort them quicker.....but normally only in the US....... GM/Corvette had a recall in the US 2 years before they recalled them here.......so none are perfect.....Pleased Berni sorted your motorhome Dave :thumb:

All the best Rick

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Found On Reservation Dumps :ROFLMAO:

They all have faults it's how the manufacturers sort it out.......I must admit from my personal dealings American seem to admit to faults and sort them quicker.....but normally only in the US....... GM/Corvette had a recall in the US 2 years before they recalled them here.......so none are perfect.....Pleased Berni sorted your motorhome Dave :thumb:

All the best Rick

What next...The FORD's... and the Mercedes Juddergate .....is nothing safe:winky::winky: well I suppose it takes the heat off us Fiats:winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Fiat response to the judder was no different to any other manufacturer when a fault arises. Has Merc accepted the exploding headlamp problem yet?

Have a look at Fiat, Merc, Ford, Peogeot forums and you will find similar stories. :Doh:

NO KEN..... YOU ARE CORRECT:winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I can't be far from a quarter million miles on FIAT based motorhomes, never had a serious problem with one yet (touches wooden desk):Smile:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
With RVs in the UK we experience a very personal support from dealers, for me last year when my RV was 18 months old the flip up reversing screen in the radio cassette intermittently worked, Ross at Signature Motorhomes sent one E Mail to Four Winds the RV manufacturer and it was replaced foc with the latest model .
When I was in Spain in January my 12v supply failed following a trip on the site mains, I could not find the problem but one telephone call to Steve Dunn at Mobile RV and problem solved .
Other RV owners get similar personal support from other dealers including Duncan of the Star Spangled Spanner and I'm sure more could follow with positive experiences and believe it or not spares are not generally expensive and I have found are obtainable quickly :thumb:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp

Have a look at Fiat, Merc, Ford, Peogeot forums and you will find similar stories.
:Doh:

The exploding headlamp has nowt to do with Mercedes it's a Hymer fitment and I believe made by Hella.

Pete:Cool:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Fiats poor design and after sales.

One thing for sure is that Fiat have were very poor in their response to the Fiat Reverse Judder and without a doubt all Fiats had it from when they introduced the new body shape in the Ducato and the 6sp gear box.
It affected all commercial vehicles from 2007 until 2011, the Euro 5 engine finally sorted out the gearbox problem in the 3ltr.
Have to say I wouldn`t have thought that the 2.3 and 3ltr engines had a different gear box but they did do a fix for the 2.3 ltr but not one for the 3ltr, I was told by Fiat to take mine to a Fiat recognized commercial dealership and they would test it, test duly done and Fiat phoned me to say that my vehicle did have a problem but there wasn`t anything Fiat could do about it.
The dealer I bought it from agreed in the end to pay any cost involved if the clutch failed in 3 yrs which gave me the peace of mind otherwise I would have sold the motorhome.
Of course some people that only drive on motorways and “A” roads might never encounter this problem, but get on some slightly wet grass or step incline and you will smell that old clutch burning good style.
[FONT=&quot]If Andy Stothert (a writer for motorhome magazines) hadn`t taken up the course I don’t think the problem would ever have been recognized by Fiat.
[/FONT]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back