Fiat 1st Service cost and latest recall (1 Viewer)

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
I know there are different views on this but we decided to get our main Fiat Professional dealer to carry out an oil and filter change as our van is nearing one year old. Think this is also referred to by Fiat as a Low Mileage Service.

So, total charge including vat was £200.34, included 7litres of oil at £10.98 a litre and roughly one hours labour. So not too bad, please don’t suggest I could have done it myself, refuelling it with diesel is technically enough for me!!

Got the latest recall done whilst it was in, really just a 10min job.

Interestingly was also given the full chassis details of my vehicle as held by Fiat. Built on 5/12/16, delivered to IH at end of December and warranty starts on 11/5/17 and finishes on 11/5/20.

Also gives full details of all options factory fitted, list of all campaigns (recalls) carried out and various other details. Really useful and filed away with vehicle documents.

Anyone else been given this by their dealer?

Bill

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Crickey, how much!

The filter plus 7-litres of oil only costs about £52 via Opie Oils so £200 is a very nice little earner for those Fiat folk.

I might start a mobile oil changing service facility at this rate(y)

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
How much? Wow.

Oil and filter change in a garage with ramps etc is I'd have thought half an hour, max.
Oil maybe 50 quid even retail, and filter maybe 20 quid retail.....trade is probably half that price.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
I had a similar quote from the main stealer in Nuneaton but after discussing that it could not be justified as reasonable for their retail parts cost plus the over estimated time of an hour to undo a drain plug and swop the filter we agreed on £160 including VAT.
Similar discussions each year while in warranty and now have decided that any new motor home (or car) purchasing in future will entirely depend on the supplying dealer including ALL annual service costs in the deal for the warranty period.

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
We use a Fiat Professional Commercial Truck place, North East Truck and Van and the service the year before last was £129, last year was £280 including new fuel filter and an mot.
Strangely, for me, I trust NET&V, never have any other vehicle garage.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Having just had some complicated electrical problem sorted on my X250 by a small Fiat garage in Moraira, Spain at a labour cost of €36 per hour I am going to have my vehicle serviced there in future.(y)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Our independant charges £20 + vat for the oil, service not required untill 2 years or 28K, I always wait until out of warranty at 2 years then take it to my local independant, Low mileage service £120.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I know there are different views on this but we decided to get our main Fiat Professional dealer to carry out an oil and filter change as our van is nearing one year old. Think this is also referred to by Fiat as a Low Mileage Service.

So, total charge including vat was £200.34, included 7litres of oil at £10.98 a litre and roughly one hours labour. So not too bad, please don’t suggest I could have done it myself, refuelling it with diesel is technically enough for me!!

Got the latest recall done whilst it was in, really just a 10min job.

Interestingly was also given the full chassis details of my vehicle as held by Fiat. Built on 5/12/16, delivered to IH at end of December and warranty starts on 11/5/17 and finishes on 11/5/20.

Also gives full details of all options factory fitted, list of all campaigns (recalls) carried out and various other details. Really useful and filed away with vehicle documents.

Anyone else been given this by their dealer?

Bill
Well done, as it's so long as you're happy and have peace of mind too.

We can all quote this that and the other, but it's done and you're happy:)

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Well done, as it's so long as you're happy and have peace of mind too.

We can all quote this that and the other, but it's done and you're happy:)
So true, it's the OP's money and they are happy :)

Nov 6, 2017
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend t7051
I think I may be in a similar camp to you when it comes supporting your local Fiat Professional Dealer. Ok so it costs a bit extra to have a service with your authorised dealer however if you build a relationship up with your dealer you will get a better service. When it comes to recalls and other warranty issues your dealer should be more open to helping you.
Build a relationship with your dealer and it should pay off?
Just my thoughts.....

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We had our oil changed after a year by the local garage using FIAT parts. The service will be done at the FIAT Professional Centre.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We had a full print out for our Autotrail. Can't remember if I have one for our IH.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back