Fiamma Turbo Vents - Any Good?

Jul 11, 2013
Spain
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi all,

As the title says, I'm looking for input/experiences of these:

http://www.fiammastore.com/Fiamma-Rooflights-and-Vents-for-caravans-and-motorhomes/Fiamma-Turbo-Vent-with-Thermostat

We live in Spain and plan to start touring around here and on up through the rest of Europe in the coming years. We have an Adria Matrix 670SC and have looked at both full-on air con units and the turbo vents.

We don't intend doing much travelling in hot climates during the peak summer months, so we're undecided as to whether or not we really need a pukka air con or could get by with the much cheaper, 12 volt, turbo vent option.

Over to you ... what do you think? :)

Mike

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Ours works just fine.

For cooling we set it to suck hot air out. The dogs are more than happy with that arrangement if left for a while. Internal temperature is always the same or less than that of outside.
For cooking, we set it to blow air in whilst keeping the kitchen window open. Cooking steam is removed and condensation reduced considerably.

May 7, 2011
Isle of Wight
MH
T Line 785
Exp
Since 1979
Hi , Like Jon&shell we installed on both our last 2 m/hs one of them and used for the same purposes, found it invaluable.
Terry

Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
MH
Benimar, Mileo 290i
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Hi all,

As the title says, I'm looking for input/experiences of these:

http://www.fiammastore.com/Fiamma-Rooflights-and-Vents-for-caravans-and-motorhomes/Fiamma-Turbo-Vent-with-Thermostat

We live in Spain and plan to start touring around here and on up through the rest of Europe in the coming years. We have an Adria Matrix 670SC and have looked at both full-on air con units and the turbo vents.

We don't intend doing much travelling in hot climates during the peak summer months, so we're undecided as to whether or not we really need a pukka air con or could get by with the much cheaper, 12 volt, turbo vent option.

Over to you ... what do you think? :)

Mike
Mike we have one fitted for the two cats and they love it. We can go out during the day and not worry about them when not on EHU ( use Air Con on EHU ).
We use ours more or less the same as JonandShell with great results. Whilst sleeping we set the thermostat to come on when it warms up and have got used to the noise now and sleep through it. I had ours fitted, but you can DIY.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
MH
N&B Flair 8000 IVECO
Exp
since 2012
You most likely have got the idea by now but just in case a will another endorsement for this product, we just leave it at a set temperature all day and come back to a cool van (relatively of course) ours is in the kitchen so when the gas ring goes on it starts on its own and we always have it sucking out.

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
Had a Fiamma fan on each of our last two motorhomes. Run them all night for a cool breeze in hot weather and the white noise effect helps to drown out any outside noise problems. Of course the real difference is that you don't need to have a hookup. If the night isn't stiflingly hot then there's no need for aircon.

OllieUK

Free Member
Jun 23, 2013
Ramsgate
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2009
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
MH
A Class
Exp
33 years
That one in the ebay link is the little one, ours is the one with the large 10 blade fan which is very quiet and effective. The little one is, I suspect, just for a washroom extractor or similar.

OP
Falcon 269
Jul 11, 2013
Spain
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thank you all very much for the helpful and very rapid replies. I looked for the 'thanks' button but couldn't find it. Instead, I'll go back and 'Like' you all tomorrow.

No, wait ... that just sounds too weird. :eek:

Mike :)

Minxy Girl

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 1996
Thank you all very much for the helpful and very rapid replies. I looked for the 'thanks' button but couldn't find it. Instead, I'll go back and 'Like' you all tomorrow.

No, wait ... that just sounds too weird. :eek:

Mike :)
To quote Dick Emery's character Mandy ... "ooh, you are awful ... but I like you!":D

Jun 30, 2011
Durham
MH
Concorde Concerto A class
Exp
Since 2011
The Omnistor/Thule one is a load of Sh-te. It couldn't blow a feather off the back of your hand.
Should have gone for the Fiamma or the Fantastic vent.

Wonder if you can just change the fan part on its own, as its a new vent.

Paul.

OP
Falcon 269
Jul 11, 2013
Spain
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks, Paul. Good to have a heads-up like that in the mix of replies.

Seems the great majority agree this is a good bit of kit so we're going to have one fitted soon. I'm not going the DIY route because it's a brand-new vehicle and our dealer will fit it for only 90 euros.

Cheers!

Mike

Minxy Girl

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 1996
Thanks, Paul. Good to have a heads-up like that in the mix of replies.

Seems the great majority agree this is a good bit of kit so we're going to have one fitted soon. I'm not going the DIY route because it's a brand-new vehicle and our dealer will fit it for only 90 euros.

Cheers!

Mike
Is that just for the fitting or for the unit and fitting?

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
we have fitted two of the fiamma vents, and have one sucking air out and one blowing in so that the air circulates, we have one near the cooker and shower room and use it to extract the moisture etc. We are really pleased with them, although the extra covers that you get to cover them over are crap, but means you can darken the room.

Minxy Girl

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 1996
I've considered these before however I don't want to block the light out in the centre of the camper over the front dinette/kitchen, or in the washroom - I know you can get crystal ones but how much light do they actually let in? Also, if I just got one for the washroom would that work well, or would I really need the larger one and not the small one.

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services