Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Anyone interested in sharing Eurotunnel multi trip for this year?

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
may use the tunnel now that we are retired but it is a bit of a hike for us so ferries from Poole and Portsmouth used to be better when time was more of a factor. Have used Newhaven to Dieppe and will certainly use it again after April when Nick reaches 60. We have no pets but if we did then I am sure we would use the tunnel. Did one way on the Normandy Vitesse last year and had a smooth crossing but if it's rough I can quite see why it earned the vomit comet nickname, also you have to reverse on which I was a bit nervous about as they get you to rev like mad as it was steep!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
We always use the tunnel because of having a dog, also we usually have an early morning crossing either way so have breakfast on route without having to queue or eat the overpriced rubbish sold onboard ferries. My wife once had a chicken that had done more crossings than the ferry.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Chunnel not an Option SWMBO has the fit`s going under Motorway Bridges, Well Ok Not actually. But anything longer than about 50 yards or dark and that`s IT!!!. I suspect If I insisted SHE would go on the ferry and I would have to meet her ont` t`other side!!!! Going through France/Spain was bad enough, Eyes closed , gritted teeth. Repeating "are we out yet"!!!. Most Tunnels in the USA tend to be Bigger (is`nt everything??!!) and better lit, but it`s still not good!!.

Ah! well. Not an issue. we Just relax on the Ferry. And I go find some Ships Engineer or Deck Officer, to talk to and "swing the lantern" about the "good old days"!

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back