Ferry to Spain

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Tarbert classic
Hi guys just wondering what is the cheapest ferry to spain please ? Traveling May return June happy travels folks

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Book as soon as possible is the better option.
Plymouth sailings tend to be cheaper and slightly shorter.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Whats going on with Salamanca, - sailings transferred for operational reasons until July 11th.

Back to China perhaps...........

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Mondial
Exp
Since 2016
Whats going on with Salamanca, - sailings transferred for operational reasons until July 11th.

Back to China perhaps...........
Salamanca has been transferred to the Irish routes for a period, Santoña is on the Portsmouth routes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Tarbert classic
Hi thanks for info does anyone know how I get the 10% off code please

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
Go online and look at availability and prices. None of them are cheap. Expect to pay over £1000

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Hi thanks for info does anyone know how I get the 10% off code please
The code is obtainable by joining Brittany Ferry ⛴️ regular crossing club details should be on their website.
Best of luck and enjoy your trip regardless of the impression that you may have got of people.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for such kind and friendly advice , it was a simple question & needed a simple answer I wasn't asking for anyone code I just wondered what it was !!!!
Many moho folk have got a bad name and I'm starting to see why

Hi and welcome to Motorhomefun.
This is a friendly and informative site full of lovely people .
If you joined as a full member you would have access to so much motorhome information the subscription pays for itself very quickly.
And being a full member Im sure some kind funster would share there ferry discount code with you.
Thus saving you money just for joining. (y)

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi guys just wondering what is the cheapest ferry to spain please ? Traveling May return June happy travels folks
There's only one company operating from UK to Spain which is Brittany Ferries. All I can suggest is look on their website and have a look at routes, cost and availability. We travelled Plymouth to Santander last month and the cost was a bit over £1000 with the Club Voyage discount.

BF have reduced the benefits on the Club Voyage scheme for new members with reduced discounts at popular times of the year. It used to be (just) worth it joining for a single trip as the saving covered the joining fee but I am not sure this still holds. You would need to look at the fine print and do the sums. If you think you are going to use the ferry again it may still be worth it.

We live near Plymouth and for us it is either Santander or Roscoff in Brittany and have done both a few times. We've looked at other routes but prefer to get across the Channel as soon as possible and with minimum driving in the UK. For us, financially there isn't much to choose between crossing to Roscoff and driving through France or getting the ferry to Santander. But Plymouth/Roscoff isn't a cheap crossing. If you use one of the short crossings it is generally cheaper driving through France - but you won't have the chance of seeing whales on the Dover/Calais crossing, which you do crossing the Bay of Biscay. 🐳

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Thanks for such kind and friendly advice , it was a simple question & needed a simple answer I wasn't asking for anyone code I just wondered what it was !!!!
Many moho folk have got a bad name and I'm starting to see why
Nice... 😞

What did you expect? No introduction, not even a cursey 'hello' just straight in on the want.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
weinsberg 650
Exp
since 2000
done it once,never again back then £700 full of piss artists who had cheap one day returns £12 some music at night, a screaming bitch on stage, if you go to the bar wear some ear defenders and watch your change

Upvote 1

Clint

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar
Santander to Plymouth return with 2 adults and a dog,£1400 and I booked 6 months ago for July

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
done it once,never again back then £700 full of piss artists who had cheap one day returns £12 some music at night, a screaming bitch on stage, if you go to the bar wear some ear defenders and watch your change
How do you get a one day return to Spain?

Upvote 0

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
How do you get a one day return to Spain?
He's talking about the P&O booze cruises to Bilbao which ended 13 years ago. It was a 3 day job for about £50 and most of the travellers were blind drunk getting off the coaches at PIP.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
weinsberg 650
Exp
since 2000
He's talking about the P&O booze cruises to Bilbao which ended 13 years ago. It was a 3 day job for about £50 and most of the travellers were blind drunk getting off the coaches at PIP.
it was the only trip available at the time.is it any different now

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
it was the only trip available at the time.is it any different now
BF have a mini-cruise offer, there and back with a few hours in Santander. We did one but we went for the whale watching. Never seen anyone pickled. The bar prices discourage it. :)

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
If cost is an issue and you have time, just drive. Cheaper - and in my opinion, more enjoyable. Cheapest Dover/Calais crossing, no toll roads, enjoy the scenery.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
We did the ferry twice, both times with a motorbike. We then decided not to do it again so did other trips driving through France. Years ago we put the car on a train that was awful. Much prefer driving, go when/where we want, stop when we want and eat in restaurants we can choose. The only downside is time , we always booked 3 weeks so we didn't have to rush.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back