Faulty waste water tank seal. (1 Viewer)

Sep 25, 2021
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner 744
Hi, I have just purchased a brand new Burstner 744 lyseo td harmony line from Catterick Caravans. On first use I have found that the waste water tank doesn't seal properly, leaving a steady trickle when closed. Catterick Caravans are making a warranty claim to Burstner. Anyone else had this issue, and how did you resolve it?

Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
I had a similar problem, filled & drained the tank a couple of times, possibly plastic residue in the bottom of the valve.
Been ok since

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
That sounds a bit extreme. It would probably take the dealer longer to raise a warranty claim for a leaky valve than to flush it out or replace it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Ah, looks like they're finally building in a permanent dribble so you don't have to empty it nowadays. :giggle:

DT

Dec 27, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Boats Caravans & Motorhomes for 25 years
Valve replaced on mine a few months ago but I still need to turn the lever back a tiny amount to create a seal. It was a huge brass valve very heavy and over engineered. While waiting I bought a £5.00 40mm pvc water valve that I attached to the end of the waste pipe when on site.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Apologies for hijack (but it is a Burstner)

We are on a camperstop and have noticed that when we use our n/s shower on our Aviano, water leaks to the ground. Some is going in the tank which is immediately underneath but there is leakage.
I thought the water was dropping direct into the grey tank but now note that there is some form of drain connected to the plughole.
Anybody has/had the same prob. and, if it was circumvented.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004

We are on a camperstop and have noticed that when we use our n/s shower on our Aviano, water leaks to the ground. Some is going in the tank which is immediately underneath but there is leakage.
I thought the water was dropping direct into the grey tank but now note that there is some form of drain connected to the plughole.
yes in our previous mh unbend on shower tray was not sealing properly and it wasn’t until Denise was showering and I was outside that I noticed it, had a damp check and had to have the floor across rear of van replaced work was done at John’s cross and they said it had probably been like it from new.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011

I had a leak when using the shower.
Mine turned out to be a faulty shower mixer tap that leaked behind the screen and leaked out around the drain pipe.
Run the shower head into a bucket and see if you still have the leak.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back