Free Member
May 15, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Burstner T686 delfin
Exp
Since 2000
Don't know if this is the right place to post this query? But here goes I've just got a burstner t686 on an 06 plate , have had it one week and have just hooked up to power for the first time everything seems to be ok sockets work fridge switches to 240 but there is a fan that keeps switching on and off every 15 to 20 secs it appears to be the fan in the riech box under the front seat is this the norm or do I have a problem ? Can anyone tell me please as I'm a little concerned. Cheers george

OP
OP
Blue di + jean

Blue di + jean

Free Member
May 15, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Burstner T686 delfin
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks for your reply gus I hope so too as been hooked up for about two hours now and fan still going on and off the black box doesn't seem too hot ? And as I said everything else seems to be fine. Fingers and toes crossed it's meant ro do this while ehu is charging leisure up. George

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I don't know anything about Reich chargers but I would expect the fan to run when charging the batteries initially then turn off as the charge rate drops. If it turns off once the batteries are charged it's probably OK but if it keeps running could be something overheating in the charger or just a faulty fan thermostat.

OP
OP
Blue di + jean

Blue di + jean

Free Member
May 15, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Burstner T686 delfin
Exp
Since 2000
Latest update after listening to the fan for 2.5 hours I checked the battery as the dealers had swaped my new leisure for the old one on board after moving the battery about 1 foot to check they had correct polarity hey presto fan stopped and E monitor stated leisure battery at 13.4 and car at 12.8 bit beter there. Now a good 1 to 2 hours later and still no fan so assuming it could have been dodgy battery connection. But will definately keep an ear on it till I can get a spark to check it out! Thank you for your replies comforting to know there are folk out there willing to help. Cheers george

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back