Family emergency, looking for an earlier BF crossing Spain into UK. Anyone planning to amend their booking in March? (1 Viewer)

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
This is a real long shot. My friends daughter has been taken into hospital, and she is eaher to get home ASAP.
Brittany ferries cannot offer anything earlier than 25th March, so she has booked this.
However, they have advised her to check their website frequently, in case there is a cancellation. The booking system is live, and reflects changes immediately.
She is travelling solo, and considered flying home, but van storage and how to get back to collect it, is a big issue.
So I thought I would just tell the funster community, in the hope that someone is changing their plans and would be willing to coordinate amending their bookingso that Kath posset girl can get home more quickly.

Thanks for reading

Karen

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
Why not use the Tunnel?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
if she's been in hospital might not feel strong enough to drive the distance through france maybe..
I think Mum in Spain is trying to get home to her daughter.
MaidinDevon, I would advise her to get going to Santander and get to port and explain. They are bound to have booked travellers who don’t turn up and I would think they would let her on when space available. Always best to ring the office at Santander and speak to someone.
Lenny HB, it’s a long way through France when you are on your own and have to leave your travelling companions behind (there are 3 vans travelling together).

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
MaidinDevon, I would advise her to get going to Santander and get to port and explain. They are bound to have booked travellers who don’t turn up and I would think they would let her on when space available. Always best to ring the office at Santander and speak to someone.
I would do exactly that
Get yo port and it is very likely that you get squeezed on.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Lenny HB, it’s a long way through France when you are on your own and have to leave your travelling companions behind (there are 3 vans travelling together).
If there is 3 vans traveling together, is it not possible, for someone in the other vans, to take over the driving of Mums van so she can fly home immediately and then she can fly back later to retrieve her van? 🤔

Sorry cannot help!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back