Extra battery will this work? (1 Viewer)

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
I've just bought a 2010 ex mobility Peugeot Boxer that used to have a wheelchair lift in the back, the power take off for it is under the bonnet with a mega fuse holder (fuse removed), the cable runs under the van to the back and up through the floor. I'm thinking of fitting a B2B to the cable at the rear and then adding leisure battery. Is this feasible?

OP
OP
Boringfrog
Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Yes it will work if the cable is large enough, need to know the size of the cable and the length.
Looking at lifts they're about 65amps at 12V so presuming cable is heavy duty, will get under van tomorrow and see if I can gauge the size.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I've just bought a 2010 ex mobility Peugeot Boxer that used to have a wheelchair lift in the back, the power take off for it is under the bonnet with a mega fuse holder (fuse removed), the cable runs under the van to the back and up through the floor. I'm thinking of fitting a B2B to the cable at the rear and then adding leisure battery. Is this feasible?
Yes. This cable would be likely to be ideal for such an installation.

OP
OP
Boringfrog
Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
cmcardle75 Lenny HB the live end isn't connected to the battery, that's under the passenger footwell, but under the bonnet on the jump start connection, any problems?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Shouldn't be a problem but reconnecting it direct to the battery may shorten the cable run & would be easy to do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
cmcardle75 Lenny HB the live end isn't connected to the battery, that's under the passenger footwell, but under the bonnet on the jump start connection, any problems?
None whatsover. It is closeness to the alternator that is most useful. This location may actually be closer to the alternator than the battery as it is physically nearer the engine. Although a B2B is much less sensitive to exactly where you connect it compared with a split charge relay.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
While you are thinking about the wiring you might want to run a thin wire from near the jump starter connection to the rear battery location.

It's for a D+ connection, which can be picked up in that general area. A D+ may be a good idea for the B2B even if you think it's not necessary. It's better than a voltage threshold trigger, especially as you add solar, mains chargers etc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back