Experiences of the Thule Quickfit privacy room (1 Viewer)

chenderson1965

Free Member
Aug 3, 2019
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R A Class
Exp
10 years with hires, Newbie owner
Hi all.

Yet another question from me. I hope they are not becoming tiresome, it’s really your fault for being so helpful!

We’ve been doing some research into a privacy room for the awning which is fitted to our shortly to be collected van. It’s got an old style Fiamma F 65 5m awning and I can’t seem to find anywhere a dedicated privacy room to compliment it. Even Fiamma don’t any longer do one, having withdrawn their product (an extension panel for their 4.5m room) which was designed to do the job because it didn’t work.

My research has turned up the above which, in addition to having fitting/adapter options that means it can work with our awning also seems to be a bit lighter and quicker to put up and take down then many dedicated privacy rooms. https://www.leisureoutlet.com/priva...ings/83592-thule-quickfit-awning-privacy-room

We would probably get the largest one (confusingly labelled both 3.6m and 4 m) and would need the XL version for height. Has anyone else used this product? How did you find it?

I’d also be interested if anybody has experience if installing the additional rail which fits to the side of the van which allows the Quickfit room to fit with awnings from other manufacturers? https://www.leisureoutlet.com/awnin...9-thule-quickfit-easylink-universal-mount-kit

Even if you haven’t used the rail, I’d be interested to hear thoughts about fixing it. Gluing it sounds risky - both in terms of securing it and being ablle to remove it again - and I’d be nervous about drilling holes in the wall.

Thanks a lot.

Chris

Last edited:

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
Do you particularly want a room? Some of the inflatables are good and go into the groove, either directly or via a figure of 8 strip. The Kampa(we have one of these] comes in three different heights and numerous widths

Upvote 0
OP
OP
chenderson1965

chenderson1965

Free Member
Aug 3, 2019
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R A Class
Exp
Do you particularly want a room? Some of the inflatables are good and go into the groove, either directly or via a figure of 8 strip. The Kampa(we have one of these] comes in three different heights and numerous widths
Thanks. I haven’t come across these but just googled them and they look like they could work. I don’t understand how they attach though - as our N+B doesn’t have a groove.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• AF3C3D2C-EF3E-42E7-8180-E22FC841AD53.jpeg
    AF3C3D2C-EF3E-42E7-8180-E22FC841AD53.jpeg
    199.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 75F656C2-FB84-474E-BEAD-0C01AFB7DAC9.jpeg
    75F656C2-FB84-474E-BEAD-0C01AFB7DAC9.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 39
Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
It might make more sense to use the MH first and then decide what you need. If you want to add an inflatable awning to the side there is a track in the sun awning they all have one. The Fiamma F65 we have has one on the outside as well. You will find there is one its tucked up underneath. We wind ours out and attach it and then wind it back in again. Great for the Uk with iffy weather but being left behind as we head for Spain. Ours take all of 15 minutes to put up. It's the last thing you need in a warm Country they just live outside. Anything thats pegged out means you are stuck on the site unless you have bikes. If we need to shop we just roll the awning in and go.

We bought the 2016 version for less that £500

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
chenderson1965

chenderson1965

Free Member
Aug 3, 2019
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R A Class
Exp
It might make more sense to use the MH it first and then decide what you need. If you want to add an inflatable awning to the side there is a track in the sun awning. We wind ours out and attach it and then wind it back in again. Great for the Uk with iffy weather but being left behind as we head for Spain. It's the last thing you need in a warm Country they just live outside. Anything thats pegged out means you are stuck on the site unless you have bikes. If we need to shop we just roll the awning in and go.
It’s a fair point which we’ve thought about and we may we’ll do exactly that. We have dogs and are thinking that it’d be useful to have an enclosed area which is bigger than tripping over each other in the van or having to have them on fixed leads. We’re also thinking that it’d be nice to be able to sit outside in the evenings even when the weather is cooler.

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Better start a thread on which ELECTRIC AWNING HEATER to buy.

You really need to get your New MH and try it first before you buy anything expensive. Took us 5 years to decide we needed a blow up awning. Only decided on one because we stayed in Uk earlier in the year and took the car with us. Before you rush out and buy all the towing kit and car SWMBO just followed me in our car.

Sitting outside in the evening in a cold awning with the wind whistling under the MH is not my idea of fun especially when we have a fully heated MH to sit in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
best advice I ever had was use van tent camper what ever you have new for at least 3 trips and use it for touring 1 time and then a week or two permanent and then a mixture of the two then decide which type of camping you like best. For example I prefer touring so don't mess about with awnings, how ever I have just bought a quest pop up as its handy for the few long w/e we do other than that I also have a quecha small pop up which is used for gear not needed in the van which we nick name the shed(y)

Upvote 0

Tea break

Free Member
Jul 28, 2018
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
We had a Kampa drive-away air awning on our our van and found it a right pain to use a struggle to erect and take down and get back in the bag. Very soon sold it and bought a quest pop up so easy. Up in less than 2 minutes and so easy to pack away and half the weight of the air awning just drive away no pulling bits out to disconnect and reattach. We used ours in some pretty nasty weather in north Wales and it didn’t let us down.

Upvote 0
Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Buy decent Jormax windbreaks as a coral for the dogs ( they also do gates) and keep using your wind out awning for shade...
(y)

Upvote 1

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back