Exeter Racecourse, CAMC site - Not what we expected (1 Viewer)

Sep 21, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 794
Exp
We decided to pop into Exeter Racecouse, a Caravan and Motorhome Club site on-route to Hele Valley holiday park in Ilfracombe, North Devon. Antonia thought it would be a good place to stop on-route to shorten the driving times and to visit Exeter Cathedral at the same time. Unfortunately, the entrance to the car park in Exeter that Antonia had chosen for us to park the motorhome was too narrow and we could not find an easy way to get to the cathedral so we spent 2 days at the Racecourse doing...... Not a lot.

You can see a video of the last mile to the site and the site itself here:

James-Alex

Free Member
Oct 3, 2020
Bath. Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail excel 640G
Click bait to earn them money, not acceptable on this forum.
Delete it Jim
Doubt it with the followers on channel lacking. But defo seeking followers
A12863CF-ADB0-468B-BF7A-2D769210B026.jpeg

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
If they thought the carpark in Exeter was narrow, then they're in for a shock when they travel further into Devon and/or Cornwall... completely self indulgent and totally uninformative video.
Did they really think they were going to be able to waltz into a UK Cathedral City in a Motorhome and just park up! P&R is your friend.
Exeter parking for cars isn't that bad if you know where to go but Motorhomes no chance. A modicum of research might have worked for them. :rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MerlinUK
Sep 21, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 794
Exp
What was the problem with the actual CAMC site? Your complaint seems to be more about not being able to park in Exeter.

Or is this just click bait to get people to watch your video on YouTube?
It was just out honest opinion of the site. As we said, it is OK as a stop off point but not a site to visit for what's at the site. We just want people to realise what they are booking. As for click bait, are you being serious?

OP
OP
MerlinUK
Sep 21, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 794
Exp
Click bait to earn them money, not acceptable on this forum.
Delete it Jim
Click bait? We have a small channel and we enjoy sharing our journeys. If you understood Youtube you would soon realise we do not earn any money from it or are ever likely to. Maybe Jim should delete some of your "unfriendly" messages!

OP
OP
MerlinUK
Sep 21, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 794
Exp
Doubt it with the followers on channel lacking. But defo seeking followersView attachment 650453
There is no point in sharing our Journeys if no one watches them. So, yes, we would love some more followers and we have to make the videos attractive enough to make them watchable. We learnt so much watching others on Youtube we thought we would like to do the same.

OP
OP
MerlinUK
Sep 21, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 794
Exp
Re Hele Valley have you been before we were there a couple of months ago
It was our first time at Hele Valley. We enjoyed it there. We made a video of there too. if you are interested. We would like to get feedback re. our videos to see if they are useful to others.

OP
OP
MerlinUK
Sep 21, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 794
Exp
Did they really think they were going to be able to waltz into a UK Cathedral City in a Motorhome and just park up! P&R is your friend.
Exeter parking for cars isn't that bad if you know where to go but Motorhomes no chance. A modicum of research might have worked for them. :rolleyes:
My wife did look up the parking before hand but then when she looked it up on the day we were going to head there she saw some pictures of the entrance that worried her. I would have given it a go but it is not worth arguing with the wife :giggle:

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
We did look into taking a us but they were very infrequent and I tend to get motion sick on busses :sick:
About every hour. 1/2 hr journey. We have done it.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It was our first time on a race course. We had no idea what to expect. I wish I'd seen a video review before we booked it. That said the site is OK as a stopover but there is not a lot to do or see there.
What do you expect to see on a site? There is not a lot of sites in the middle of towns and what was wrong with my suggestion of a taxi seems a sensible solution, that's what we do anyway.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Try Warwick Racecourse C&MC site - ten minutes walk into town; short walk to the Grand Union canal; acres of space for dogs; Sainsbury’s alongside the course…….and so-on!

(and sinks the ‘right’ height! ;) )

OP
OP
MerlinUK
Sep 21, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 794
Exp
What do you expect to see on a site? There is not a lot of sites in the middle of towns and what was wrong with my suggestion of a taxi seems a sensible solution, that's what we do anyway.
I'm embarrassed to say I get motion sick as a passenger. If I know well in advance I can take medication to prevent it but it all becomes a bit of a faff.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Very easy to criticise when you know the place I thought the original post very informative? Folk should be a lititle more thoughtfull before posting they are only trying to be helpful they must feel really pissed off with some of the replies on this thread?🤔

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back