• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

PART EXCHANGE Exchange my Caravan AND car for MoHo (1 Viewer)

EyUp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2016
Yorkshireman living in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Majestic 180
Exp
EyUp folks

I was a member here a while ago as Carhil when I owned a MoHo. We switched to the darkside and bought a van and car but we are now thinking of exchanging back to a MoHo or campervan.

So, any Motorhome owner here thinking of the switch to Caravaning then I may have a great option for you.

Id tentatively like to offer the rig below ( cash adjustments either way ) for a camper van or small MoHo

Serious enquiries will get full details but for brevity

1 year old swift 584 (Expression from Micheal Jordan ) in as new condition. Used about 4 weeks !!
Has top of the line motor movers, tyre bands, air awning etc. Its a big van with tons of space

Volvo D5 XC60 2.4 Lux - sat nav, AC, full leather, new tryes, long MOT

This car is a perfect match for this van. Pulls the van no problems. Ive had zero probs with needing power, wobble or swaying around. It really is a great match.

So what are we after

Small MoHo possibly, one with centre lounge and end kitchen etc but would also be interested in some kind of campervan, maybe a T5 or similar.

Not looking for anything tatty or needs work . Cash adjustment either way

Interested ? Ping me an message.

I realise I haven't added a price. quite difficult when Its a combo exchange/trade.
Anyone interested then naturally we would discuss values after research on any exchange vehicles

Oh, Im in Surrey.

Cheers Folks

Carl

20170829_121632.jpg

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Looks like a great combination - good luck with your sale.

Do you mind me asking why did you decide to go for a caravan and why the change back?

OP
OP
EyUp

EyUp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2016
Funster No
MH
Majestic 180
Exp
Looks like a great combination - good luck with your sale.

Do you mind me asking why did you decide to go for a caravan and why the change back?

We started with a large MoHo which was great. However we like to explore and found the size restrictive when going out and about. We dont like to sit on a campsite for a week or so.
We shopped that in an bought the van thinking we can leave the van on site and go explore. We can of course but now getting to the places can be a chore ! I dont particularly like dragging it about either. More thought is needed for route planning etc (which we can cope with in the UK but still a pain) but we want to explore more of europe and Im just not up for dragging it around on foreign soil.

The thinking now is get a smaller MoHo or preferably campervan. With the sacrifice of space and some luxury we can get in the nooks and crannies.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
We did the exact same thing - thought a caravan and car would be best! We are now on our second pvc as we have decided it’s the perfect compromise- plenty of room & no worries going around town etc! We have a little runaround for home, and although we bought a drive away awning for the van, we have only used a couple of times when we first got it! Good luck with your swap - we had to think it’s only money, as it was an expensive mistake!

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I think you will find a T5 way too small (can’t stand up, always make up the bed, no washroom, and very close up and personal loo if you carry a portable one) especially after a caravan and even compared to a PVC

I do love the VWs (my son has a new T6) they are very desirable and lovely to drive but so small that you have to be really disciplined in what you take and where you go.

I seriously considered one, glad I didn’t buy one!

:LOL:

Edit: we had a 6m Globecar and Have now ‘downsized’ to a 5.4m Hymercar.............it’s brill ! (y)

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We started with a large MoHo which was great. However we like to explore and found the size restrictive when going out and about. We dont like to sit on a campsite for a week or so.
We shopped that in an bought the van thinking we can leave the van on site and go explore. We can of course but now getting to the places can be a chore ! I dont particularly like dragging it about either. More thought is needed for route planning etc (which we can cope with in the UK but still a pain) but we want to explore more of europe and Im just not up for dragging it around on foreign soil.

The thinking now is get a smaller MoHo or preferably campervan. With the sacrifice of space and some luxury we can get in the nooks and crannies.

I wouldn’t go for something too small. If you’re planning to travel on the continent you’ll find there’s much more space than in the U.K.

Weave got a fairly large motorhome and have been surprised at how we can get to and fit into small wild parking areas.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
A very nice outfit, I hope you find someone who wants to part ex, but you may find it easier selling them separately and then shopping for a camper van..

Also had a very large motorhome, 36ft USRV, toured all of Europe and Morocco.. before that a big twin axle caravan also toured Spain and France .. after that small caravans, camper vans, then a 7mt Hymer B644 .. all used in Europe..

Sold the Hymer, now back to a medium sized caravan, 16ft Hymer Nova and Skoda Octavia diesel estate car.. a lovely combination. 55- 60 MPG solo, 32 MPG towing ..

Just back from a trip to Wales and it was great having the car for day trips and sight seeing.. no packing up and no problem finding parking .. a big walk-about wash room with walk-in shower., twin single or one double bed.. space to swing two cats at the same time.. all in a very compact package..

They all have pros and cons.. went back to the caravan as we are doing less travel abroad and now mostly the UK , where we prefer staying on CLs or sites and using the car for outings..

we find a caravan better for the UK.. my logic is this, if you are paying for a site, a caravan is more practical.. but if you don't use sites with your camper van and do mostly off site camping, then not for you.

no right or wrong.. just what suits the individual.,.

en route Services on M4 .. wet day..

IMG_3252.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
EyUp

EyUp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2016
Funster No
MH
Majestic 180
Exp
Cheers folks

Yep, its all a bit of a balance and finding that point is tricky !!

We are in no rush. Like I said, I love the caravan with its restrictions ( for us) so if the right deal comes along we would probably give it a whirl :)

Carl

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We've recently gone down the route of a car and caravan to use in the UK, however we've kept the motorhome to use when we go to Europe.

It helps that we've got a big drive and can keep both on the drive and don't have to worry about storage fees - if we'd had to pay for storage I think we'd stay with the MH at least for the time being while we're still going to Europe every year.

For the moment having both is a luxury we're enjoying.

Denise

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
I think you will find a T5 way too small (can’t stand up, always make up the bed, no washroom, and very close up and personal loo if you carry a portable one) especially after a caravan and even compared to a PVC

We found almost exactly the same, having had a T2 and T5, brilliant to drive, go anywhere a car can go and in the case of the T5 more reliable and a better drive than many cars. I used to drive ours all the time.

The deciding factor for us to change was the shower, toilet and most importantly the permanently made up bed, which is where the PVCs start, not as cumbersome as an A class or Coschbuilt, not as great to drive as a VW campervan.

If money was no object I’d be looking at the new VW Crafter conversion, but it’s only just being shown so probably not available for 6 months and beyond our present budget (nil)

Even though we have good friends with a caravan, it has never appealed to me, partly because of the numbers I have seen destroyed or broken down on the roads heading South and South West from the midlands.

I suspect you will need to sell your current set up separately or possibly p/x the caravan for a MoHo.

Good luck

OP
OP
EyUp

EyUp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2016
Funster No
MH
Majestic 180
Exp
hi guys

If anyone is switching to caravan I may trade just the van against a small Moho with (cash your way) too !

My van is one of these but the 16/17 model and the dealer special version and some upgrades I added . If I was to flog it I would be asking around 15k for it.. Its as new !

Carl

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2008
Garstang, Lancashire, UK.
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RB
Exp
Since 1968.
Sithee lad,
What year etc is the tug?
I’m over at our home here in Spain until November 24th but could still be interested in your outfit.
I’ve had a tow bar fitted and bought a nice shiny trailer, had side bars fitted, a fancy new Pioneer SatNav DAB radio thingy and a neat little reversing camera. What could possibly go wrong? She who must be obeyed, mind you she is a Scouse Lass.
I’d pm message you but being as I’m a bit thick on these electronic gadgets I know not how.
O’reet? Grand as owt.
David.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Would it not be better advertising on something like caravan finder as most people who look at it are interested in buying, where as most on here are happy with a motorhome.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
most on here are happy with a motorhome.
yes, perhaps.

but there are still a fair few members with caravans, and there are sometimes those with campervans wanting to go back to tugging .. like we did ...

as the post before yours shows ..

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We were on an aire somewhere, I think maybe Honfleur, a few years ago and we saw a big German registered Hymer A class towing an equally big Hymer caravan.

That's just greedy :D2

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
yes, perhaps.

but there are still a fair few members with caravans, and there are sometimes those with campervans wanting to go back to tugging .. like we did ...

as the post before yours shows ..
I know it happens as we was one of them, just thought the odds would be better.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I know it happens as we was one of them, just thought the odds would be better.

yes.. but he probably has advertised elsewhere.. I do the same.. and it's free on here :D

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We were on an aire somewhere, I think maybe Honfleur, a few years ago and we saw a big German registered Hymer A class towing an equally big Hymer caravan.

That's just greedy :D2

I've seen fair few campervans tugging caravans.. in fact one of the members used to do just that.. ideal for overwintering in Spain.. best of both

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We started with a Transit Leisuredrive camper cos our drive wouldn't fit anything else and we only needed one vehicle. We then sold the house and tugged a caravan for a few years until we went back to a motorhome and a static in Spain for winter.

Things have moved on but we are still happy with a 6.7 m motorhome for the summer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back