Evora disappointing! Weather didn’t help. (1 Viewer)

Jul 21, 2015
Lymm, UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam Toleno r
Exp
Since Oct 2014
Found Evora to be a bit downtrodden.A bit like a struggling English seaside town.Look up above the street level and it’s all empty property. Weather was rubbish which didn’t help but didn’t stay long. Now in Salamanca wow what a difference.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Found Evora to be a bit downtrodden.A bit like a struggling English seaside town.Look up above the street level and it’s all empty property. Weather was rubbish which didn’t help but didn’t stay long. Now in Salamanca wow what a difference.
We love Evora but you will not have to look very hard in Spain to find empty properties and scruffy places? I bet if you walk around some of the back streets of Salamanca you’ll find some?😊🤔

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
My favourite Chinese Restaurant is in Evora.

Easy overnight parking just outside the walls and an "aire" to empty and fill close by too.

I guess we all enjoy different things.

I wonder if the OP walked up to the top of the city and enjoyed the spectacular views.

Harsh to compare it with Salamanca (another beautiful place)... a far larger city with the (joint) oldest University in Europe.

I find Milton Keynes a tad disappointing but Oxford... what a difference!

JJ :cool:

Last edited:
OP
OP
scallywag15
Jul 21, 2015
Lymm, UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam Toleno r
Exp
Since Oct 2014
My favourite Chinese Restaurant is in Evora.

Easy overnight parking just outside the walls and an "aire" to empty and fill close by too.

I guess we all enjoy different things.

I wonder if the OP walked up to the top of the city and enjoyed the spectacular views.

Harsh to compare it with Salamanca (another beautiful place)... a far larger city with the (joint) oldest University in Europe.

I find Milton Keynes a tad disappointing but Oxford... what a difference!

JJ :cool:
Apologies if we've offended anybody. We love Portugal, the Portuguese their food and wine. We spend two months in the south just inside the Spanish border. We cross the Guadiana regularly to wine and dine and we were really looking forward to our return to El Ferry through Alentejo. I think the gods conspired against us with the weather. We did go to the top of the town visibility 100yds. Maybe next time we will experience the real Evora. Dave and Sally

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back