Eurotunnel new booking system (1 Viewer)

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
I have been reading with interest the posts regarding the new booking system on Euro tunnel and wondered if I’m reading it correctly or am I just tired. It seems to be saying that my reg is identified as a fiat ducato van and then asked if I am over 3.5 AGW you should contact the freight. Other posts seem to say that you just click motorhome and you don’ t need to do that. I saw someone had a response from Euro tunnel but says book without registration so if you book with type agian when you add fiat Ducato it comes up with the same message. I have attached the screen shot.

Can anyone shed any light on this as it seems rather odd. I completely understand the arguments for length but it seems a shame due to an automatic gear box I’m considered freight. My brothers a lorry driver and he’s told me horror stories so hope I don’t have to travel with the lorries - at least I have my own loo!!!!!

We're automatic too and we're not freight! Try this:
  1. Open a Eurotunnel Account. It's free.
  2. You get the option to save your vehicle, but you may not be able to as you said that your vehicle registration plate comes up as a van. Skip this option.
  3. Phone them up on 0844 335 3535 and tell them that you can't register your vehicle on your account. Your circumstances matched mine exactly, and they registered my moho, under its reg plate in two minutes.
What they do is register it as a non-UK reg plate. Doesn't matter to me.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I have been reading with interest the posts regarding the new booking system on Euro tunnel and wondered if I’m reading it correctly or am I just tired. It seems to be saying that my reg is identified as a fiat ducato van and then asked if I am over 3.5 AGW you should contact the freight. Other posts seem to say that you just click motorhome and you don’ t need to do that. I saw someone had a response from Euro tunnel but says book without registration so if you book with type agian when you add fiat Ducato it comes up with the same message. I have attached the screen shot.

Can anyone shed any light on this as it seems rather odd. I completely understand the arguments for length but it seems a shame due to an automatic gear box I’m considered freight. My brothers a lorry driver and he’s told me horror stories so hope I don’t have to travel with the lorries - at least I have my own loo!!!!!
Is your Ducati a motorhome/ camper van?
If the answer is yes, which I assume is so, then you just click on the YES tab where it asks the same question.
The weight, length or type of gearbox has no say in the matter.
All motorhomes/ campers travel on the passenger service in the single height/deck carriages along with coaches and cars with roof boxes.
We use the tunnel 10 times a year, every year, and never have a problem booking.
Our Carthago always shows up as a Fiat Ducato too.
Hope that removes the concerns you have.

Richard.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015

Your vehicle is a motorhome, you are not considered freight. We used the new booking system recently in our 7.5 tonne motorhome. When inputting the vehicle info the make and model of the actual MH didn’t come up so I put the base vehicle info I then clicked the box to signify that it is a MH.
The wording used on the booking site could be clearer though.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Even if you did somehow manage to book under freight, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be allowed on with the trucks and instead be diverted to the passenger trains.

Sep 19, 2018
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for all your reply’s. I have been travelling for many years with a variety of vehicles but this is the first time I have seen this warning. It’s a shame they can not clarify the warning a little and say if you are not a motorhome it doesn’t apply but oh well there are many ways something can be read and I just read this the wrong way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cargom

Free Member
Aug 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
kon tiki sport 596
Hi is there a cheaper way apart from swimming, as the tunnel seems very expensive

cargom

Free Member
Aug 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
kon tiki sport 596
ok ill have a look at that :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!