Eurotunnel Frequent Traveller (1 Viewer)

Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
Before I contact Eurotunnel I just wondered if anyone has contacted them to ask if they are going to extend the Frequent Traveller 12 months deadline for crossings as obviously we will not be able to use all our crossings within the 12 months if the countries are in lock down. I can contact them myself but didn't want to overload their system if someone else knows the position.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Before I contact Eurotunnel I just wondered if anyone has contacted them to ask if they are going to extend the Frequent Traveller 12 months deadline for crossings as obviously we will not be able to use all our crossings within the 12 months if the countries are in lock down. I can contact them myself but didn't want to overload their system if someone else knows the position.
I would like to know too as we were going to use 2 crossings in April and then we have 2 more expiring end May. A secondary question might be, will they extend or allow rebooking if you already have bookings in the system AND/OR you are just holding tickets in your account. ?

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Was wondering that myself. However if everybody asks the question then they may only then realise the extent of the problem and make some sort of provision . Lets all pester them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
I want to know the answer to this as well but I presume Eurotunnel will email us all with any decisions

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I want to know the answer to this as well but I presume Eurotunnel will email us all with any decisions
Well if they do please post it on here for us all to see??

Aug 28, 2013
luton
Funster No
MH
Elddis Acardo 125
Exp
I have FT crossing booked June and November still have some to use and am also about to phone on Monday to see if any provision for extending and. Ancelling

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Spoke with customer service about extending frequent traveller accounts as ours expire in April.

"There are no plans to extend the 12 month validity on frequent traveller accounts. If the gorvernment advise us that we have to temporarily close, a decision will be made about it at that time. "

Reading between the lines if it closed what else could they do apart from issue partial refunds ?

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Spoke with customer service about extending frequent traveller accounts as ours expire in April.

"There are no plans to extend the 12 month validity on frequent traveller accounts. If the gorvernment advise us that we have to temporarily close, a decision will be made about it at that time. "

Reading between the lines if it closed what else could they do apart from issue partial refunds ?
It’s what I expected. No travel business is going to be able to afford to be generous, they will struggle just to meet any legal refunds/compensation.
Many of us on holiday at the moment are bearing losses on paid for accommodation etc and to be fair, compared to what is happening to businesses small and large, it’s just our share of the misery!

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
The following is the reply I've just had from euro tunnel re frequent traveller wallets.

Thank you for your email.

We are sorry to learn that you may not able to take advantage of all the outstanding credit in your Frequent Traveller account. As the Eurotunnel Le Shuttle services are still unaffected by the COVID-19 situation ,the standard Frequent Traveller terms and conditions apply.

https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/legal/terms-and-conditions/

Whilst we have every sympathy with your situation, we are unfortunately unable to extend the validity on an account.

We hope you will not allow any disappointment associated with this decision deter you from travelling with Eurotunnel Le Shuttle in the future.

Kind regards

Barbara

Customer Support Team
Eurotunnel Le Shuttle
Tel. UK - 08443 35 35 35 / France - 0321 00 61 00 / Belgium - 070 22 32 10 /
Holland - 0900 5040540 / Germany - 0180 500 0248

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
who I share with asked me the same thing they have 3 crossings to use before late august. I wonder if if travel insurance would cover it if it couldnt be used ?

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Can anyone think of a way that moral pressure/publicity could be applied to the tunnel to temporarily change their policy in extending FT expiry dates? It's not as if they would suffer a financial penalty.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Can anyone think of a way that moral pressure/publicity could be applied to the tunnel to temporarily change their policy in extending FT expiry dates? It's not as if they would suffer a financial penalty.
They will suffer only if when it starts to get better everyone suddenly decided to travel and they were full. I think it's a bit shortsighted they could at least extend for 6 months or so

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Give it 24 hours and perhaps a different message if you look at their twitter feed after the Macron announcement the message about closing has changed from no impact to staying open as long as possible. Unfortunately I suspect they will need to suspend passenger traffic at some point in the near distance future once the reparation and blocking of non-EU’s start taking hold.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
I've just spoken to them to change my booking, due to travel 2/4/20. Very helpful person. I had travel insurance as we have pre-existing conditions, and fortunately we were just within the 14 day cancellation. on the rest of the ticket, MH surcharge and pets, he suggested refunding everything and restoring the two crossings back to my FT wallet. Very pleased, £191 back.
I asked about extending the expiry date for the tickets, and he implied that they were so busy at the moment they hadn't given any thought to that, but suggested I contact them via email in a week or so and I MAY get a different answer.

OP
OP
Edenside
Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
This is taken from Eurotunnel website so they understand we may be turned away if crossing to France without a valid reason so they should extend the FT accounts. Also states you cannot book on line for travel before 19th April which will possibly be extended.

Attachments

• IMG_0894.PNG
    IMG_0894.PNG
    392.6 KB · Views: 17
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
who I share with asked me the same thing they have 3 crossings to use before late august. I wonder if if travel insurance would cover it if it couldnt be used ?
Insurance is there to protect you from loss, so I’d certainly contact my insurer

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back