Europe adventure (1 Viewer)

Bazzagas

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2022
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato bessacar
Hi everyone..we go through the tunnel on tuesday for our 2 month adventure...
We have a small , 6 m , 2 berth bessacar and a dog...not a huge amount of storage...our dilemna is..how much to take...in clothing...its 58 days....I don't have 58 t shirts , shorts etc....so how much do you all , with small vans , take away...what about washing facilities , drying etc....we hope to visit bottom of belgium into Luxembourg then into germany , mosel , rhine, etc....it will be weather dependant of course..gonna follow the sun...probably end up in spainšŸ¤£šŸ¤£...thanks for any info..

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
There are launderettes and washing machines outside supermarkets.

Many campsites (if you stay on any) also often have laundry facilities.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Hand washing undies as you go. Take the shabbiest underwear don't wash it just bin it

It's a great way of clearing out the shabby pants and no washing. Thexwan gets lighter and more space.

You will take far too many clothes it's a rule i think

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Agree it's easy to find supermarkets with laundry machines in the car park and they are a reasonable price compared with launderettes over here in my experience. Being able to point Google Translate on the phone came in helpful when trying to work out how to use them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
We're 4 weeks ahead of you so far, we came over on the north Shields ferry to IJmuiden and are currently down in split in a 6M PVC, but no dog.
The problem we had was at the last minute the weather turned wet and cold so we had to pack coats long trousers etc for the tip, which are now packed under the bed as it t-shirt and shorts weather.

We've done 4 washed so far, but found as we get further south they've got more expensive, this has been on campsites so far, but everything dries really nicely so no need to tumble.

And yes, bring lots of deodorant - we've noticed it's very expensive

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back