EU Pet Passport No Problem (1 Viewer)

Sep 9, 2016
Nr Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 89
Exp
Since 2012
Obtained AHC before leaving the UK at a cost of £90 our campsite here at Benicarlo made an appointment with local Vet our miniature Schnauzer now has a EU passport issued in Spain at a cost of €28 no more AHC's every time we travel.
M Pet Passport.jpg

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Any chance you could put the all information on this thread,it may come in useful for someone else in the future 👍

OP
OP
Midnightflyer
Sep 9, 2016
Nr Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 89
Exp
Since 2012
Obtained AHC before leaving the UK at a cost of £90 our campsite here at Benicarlo made an appointment with local Vet our miniature Schnauzer now has a EU passport issued in Spain at a cost of €28 no more AHC's every time we travel.View attachment 506063
I don't know if there is anything else I can tell you, as I said we made appointment with a local vet. He checked the AHC and vaccine record then using both our UK and the campsite address made out a new EU Pet Passport as seen on the right of the picture. This was no big deal, anybody else can do it but I would recommend you just go along with what the vet has to say, if they want to give Rabies booster before it's due don't argue just pay for their services as we did. It will save you money in the long term and it can be used in the UK beside the EU.
ALSO you might like to know that nobody checked to see if we had any Dairy or Meat on board at Santander when entering Spain last week.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Hopefully heading to France in August all being well something ill enquire about.
Thanks.
Kenny.

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
I’m reading pet travel is one of the things EU is willing to talk about in latest row

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
How will you get the Rabies vaccinations stamped in it?
our UK vet said they were not allow to signe pet passports now?

so if this is the case, i would need to get the Rabies vaccinations administered in EU

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
How will you get the Rabies vaccinations stamped in it?
our UK vet said they were not allow to signe pet passports now?

so if this is the case, i would need to get the Rabies vaccinations administered in EU

You are correct,a UK vet cannot enter anything in an EU passport and yes you do have to get any rabies boosters administered by an EU vet.You also have to check how often you have to have the booster as in some areas and depending on the vaccine used it is annually rather than every three years.

As I said before all the information is being gathered on this thread so it is all in the same place👍

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I don't know if there is anything else I can tell you, as I said we made appointment with a local vet. He checked the AHC and vaccine record then using both our UK and the campsite address made out a new EU Pet Passport as seen on the right of the picture. This was no big deal, anybody else can do it but I would recommend you just go along with what the vet has to say, if they want to give Rabies booster before it's due don't argue just pay for their services as we did. It will save you money in the long term and it can be used in the UK beside the EU.
ALSO you might like to know that nobody checked to see if we had any Dairy or Meat on board at Santander when entering Spain last week.
Can you please say if you had a rabies jab done too or was the €28 just for the PP, it can be interpreted either way. If it included a rabies jab what duration does it have, ie 1, 2 or 3 years?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I would add:
If your pet has recently had a rabies booster I wouldn't just give another one! It's toxic bloody stuff.
If I had to buy another AHC at a later date to spread the vaccine boosters I would.
And as above, like rb62 I would look around vets and countries to get one where the booster is every three years. Janie

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
You are correct,a UK vet cannot enter anything in an EU passport and yes you do have to get any rabies boosters administered by an EU vet.You also have to check how often you have to have the booster as in some areas and depending on the vaccine used it is annually rather than every three years.

As I said before all the information is being gathered on this thread so it is all in the same place👍

If a vet signed in Uk before Brexit do you think it’s acceptable, I have emailed Defra but no reply

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Do you mean an EU Pet Passport that you had before? Yes it's fine. Nothing since the end of 2020 though! Janie
Thanks, she has Cypriot EU passport and just in case we had titre test so November 2019 had rabies booster and December titre test,

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
Obtained AHC before leaving the UK at a cost of £90 our campsite here at Benicarlo made an appointment with local Vet our miniature Schnauzer now has a EU passport issued in Spain at a cost of €28 no more AHC's every time we travel.View attachment 506063
Benicarlo, great campsite, we were diverted there after a friends caravan/car broke down in the mountains. Had such a nice time we went back again. Lovely bunch of expats and owners are bery friendly. Enjoyed the little bar cafe and boules, lucky you

Top Hat

Free Member
Apr 6, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
8years
Thanks good to know, did the vet give another rabies jab, if so how many years before a booster is required.

OP
OP
Midnightflyer
Sep 9, 2016
Nr Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 89
Exp
Since 2012
No once Brexit came in on Jan 1st 2021 the 'EU Passport made out in the UK is no longer recognized so you have to get a Animal Health Certificate. Then when you get to France or Spain get your dog a new passport. They turned people away at Portsmoth who had not got the correct paperwork.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
No once Brexit came in on Jan 1st 2021 the 'EU Passport made out in the UK is no longer recognized so you have to get a Animal Health Certificate. Then when you get to France or Spain get your dog a new passport. They turned people away at Portsmoth who had not got the correct paperwork.

Yes, what you say is true but their dog has a Cypriot EU passport!

'Thanks, she has Cypriot EU passport and just in case we had titre test so November 2019 had rabies booster and December titre test,'

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Thanks for all advice, I had a reply from DEFRA today, they confirmed that if Fayes Cypriot EU passport had not been stamped by a UK vet since Brexit, it is still valid and we do not need the health certificate, so great news for us

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back