Aug 18, 2013
northants
Funster No
MH
ewift escape 686
Exp
since 2009
hi all
back in march we bought a 2010 swift escape 686 which weve been all over europe with since and more than happy with .But a few weeks ago i went to collect it from where we store it and the main battery was dead-no problem -bought a new one and went away for a couple of nights
Thought id nip and check it the other day -started on the button so left it running while doing something noticed both battery usage lights were flashing on the control panel but as soon as i switched the engine off they too went off and everything seems to work fine
Is it just that i havent noticed them before(obviously when the engine is running im usually in the pilots seat) or is there a problem?
i would appreciate it if any fellow escape owner could put me right on this,hopefully im just being a bit thick
thanks in anticipation

Nov 23, 2011
durham
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
since 2006
Have a Bessacarr but the systems are the same. Yes that's correct. With the engine running the flashing lights on the control panel indicate both cab and leisure batteries are charging.

OP
OP
escapee

escapee

Free Member
Aug 18, 2013
northants
Funster No
MH
ewift escape 686
Exp
since 2009
thanks for your reply ,you can see now why i never got my observation badge in the scouts

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 5, 2012
Hitchin
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 644.
Exp
since 1970's
Hi I have a 2009 escape 664 that i bought new and had a lot of problems with the control panel and a flat leisure battery that dealer replaced it free just over a year old but out of warranty for the battery, they also fitted quick release battery terminals and all seemed ok but i found the control panel switched its self on when left and it seemed to be caused by condensation on the printed circuit board so after two replacement panels a lot of research and no help from Swift it seemed the Nordelettronica Italian company that Swift used had gone broke and they changed to a new system about 2010 so you may have the new panels in your van.I can survive on the road as it's in use all the time but disconnect the leisure battery in storage at home.

J Davies

Free Member
Feb 2, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
4 Years
Hello .
I have a 2009 Swift 664 Escape.
The control panel seems to be switching its sell on and running the leisure battery down.
Does anyone know how to solve this issue.
Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back