engine miss firing (1 Viewer)

W

william wason

Deleted User
hi. just joined and looking for help .
i have a 1996 fiat ducato 590 royale 2lt. petrol engine and when i start it all ok , 1 minute later starts to splutter for 2 minutes until warm then all ok this sequence is the same everyday , l have changed
1. fuel filter , air filter , spark plugs , butterfly sensor , idle control sensor taken out and cleaned fuel injectors and opened them with battery to clean
2. thought it might be mass air flow sensor ( MAF ) need cleaning but engine dosent have 1
3. cleaned butterfly with carburetor cleaner in case of carbon build up
4. going to disconnect LAMBA sensor and try again to see if thats sending wrong info. to computer .
if anybody thinks of something i could try or change please let me know

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
:welcome4:
Hopefully someone with knowledge of petrol engines will be along soon.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

william wason

Deleted User
hi. thanks for that but because of the timing of all ok for 1 min. the 2 min. of spluttering then all ok thinking of must be a sensor to give this same thing everyday , if HT leads where faulty dont think it they would give this timing affect but not 100% sure

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

william wason

Deleted User
Fluffle valve or treacle shaft?
hi. thanks for that if you mean butterfly shaft sticky cleaned that , not sure what you mean of Fluffle valve can you explain more please

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
hi. thanks for that if you mean butterfly shaft sticky cleaned that , not sure what you mean of Fluffle valve can you explain more please
The fluffle valve allows you to pour more compression into the plug holes. Only buy compression in tins.

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
odd kind of problem WW, some of 'us' try to help with 'humour' some takes some getting used to o_O

welcome to the mad house (y) we have only just resolved a similar problem with ours, but definitely not the same, TBH if it fixes itself by leaving on tick over for a few minutes I would accept that :)(y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

william wason

Deleted User
odd kind of problem WW, some of 'us' try to help with 'humour' some takes some getting used to o_O

welcome to the mad house (y) we have only just resolved a similar problem with ours, but definitely not the same, TBH if it fixes itself by leaving on tick over for a few minutes I would accept that :)(y)
hi. thanks for the welcome , was going to sell it to buy newer home but being very particular i would need to fix problem before selling if i was keeping it yes no problem

Upvote 0

Jands

Free Member
Oct 12, 2016
Funster No
Had a petrol car with a faulty Lamba sensor. started ok but struggled to accelerate.
Would go down the road with no power but after a few minutes the power kicked in and was ok for the rest of the trip.
Does this sound like your problem, got it replaced and ran ok after that.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

william wason

Deleted User
Had a petrol car with a faulty Lamba sensor. started ok but struggled to accelerate.
Would go down the road with no power but after a few minutes the power kicked in and was ok for the rest of the trip.
Does this sound like your problem, got it replaced and ran ok after that.
hi. thanks for that . sounds just like my problem but did you start it and drive it straight away before letting it heat up , because if i did that it would struggle on road until heated then revs. would cick in and all ok

Upvote 0

Jands

Free Member
Oct 12, 2016
Funster No
Yes started and ran it down the road, basically on idle, after a few minutes it started to run ok.
The car was a 1.8 zafira with only me in it so had a bit of power as it was empty, would run on idle.
I expect in a van you would require to put your foot down a bit and be off idle.

If successful worth joining as the forum will help in other problems you get or help others out.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back