Engine harness/loom for Fiat Ducato 2007 3.0 160ps (1 Viewer)

Oct 21, 2019
Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
Begun travelling the road in our first van in 2013
Hoping there will be some collective knowledge in the forum which we can pull down on. Our much loved 2007 year Ducato has suffered engine wiring loom corrosion and distress from rodent chewing (more than just once!). As a consequence, we now have a totally dead moho that cannot start up due to the mess of rogue signals being sent back and forth from the ECU-Loom-Fusebox connections.

The Fiat part number for our harness/loom is FR0001350943080 which is a non-stock item from Fiat Professional UK and needs to be brought in from Italy (at a fairly considerable expense sadly). Before we accept that this is our only option, we are looking to see if anyone can point us in the right direction to either a vehicle breaker, or OEM in the UK who might be able to assist us?

Fingers crossed!

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Replacing a whole loom can be incredibly difficult. Has it been condemned by a reliable auto electrician?

Is repair an option?

There are several websites you can request a part from a breakers yard. It sends the request to all the breakers who then get in touch.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
There are online scrapyards where if you input what you want it all comes under a central database of yards.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sunlovers
Oct 21, 2019
Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
The loom has been patch repaired twice already over the past 7 years and the wiring has suffered badly from water ingression. Fiat Professional condemned it when it was last in for repair as the fault light kept giving many spurious indications that when cleared down lasted for a wee while then popped back up again. The other day when I broke down with a complete engine shutdown (ASR and ABS locked out), when I gave the loom a wiggle on the bit I could reach I got the engine started, but it only ran for less than a minute before crapping out with a temperature sensor problem showing that the engine had overheated within 30 seconds of running (it hadn't).

The fault cleared on a switch off and switch on, but the whole thing has just shut down on me and now it's not wanting to start up at all.

I have tried local and not so local breakers to me, but so far no joy in locating a loom. I would have thought that with the Ducato being so popular there would be a graveyard full of them somewhere, but so far, we have lucked out :(

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Cant you claim on your insurance and get Fiat to fit a new can bus harness? I reckon it would be a mightmare to fit yourself. I knew someone whose Citroen car was submerged in a flood to just above sill level. Took main Citroen dealer over 12 weeks to sort it out.

OP
OP
Sunlovers
Oct 21, 2019
Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
Cant you claim on your insurance and get Fiat to fit a new can bus harness? I reckon it would be a mightmare to fit yourself. I knew someone whose Citroen car was submerged in a flood to just above sill level. Took main Citroen dealer over 12 weeks to sort it out.

Not sure my insurance would cover it as it's mostly due to wear and tear. I do have an auto-electrician who is willing to strip the dash out to do the replacement work though. What I was trying to find was a decent used loom from a wreck/scrunch to save shelling out the almost £900 I have been quoted for the loom alone ..... fitting is another price altogether :oops:

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I've never bought a wiring loom from a breakers, but anything electrical I have bought, tended to come with the plugs still attached but the cabling was just chopped through, saves them damaging the component I suppose but leaves useless wiring on the donor vehicle. I think you'd have to be first in line if you wanted a useable loom ?

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Had to have the wiring loom replaced on a 2008 Burstner when it was 1 year old, this was caused by the dealer using scotch clips to connect the sat dish, the cost was £3000 which the dealer refused to pay for.

OP
OP
Sunlovers
Oct 21, 2019
Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
Had to have the wiring loom replaced on a 2008 Burstner when it was 1 year old, this was caused by the dealer using scotch clips to connect the sat dish, the cost was £3000 which the dealer refused to pay for.
No way!!! How did they get away with refusing to cover the damage?

OP
OP
Sunlovers
Oct 21, 2019
Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
I've never bought a wiring loom from a breakers, but anything electrical I have bought, tended to come with the plugs still attached but the cabling was just chopped through, saves them damaging the component I suppose but leaves useless wiring on the donor vehicle. I think you'd have to be first in line if you wanted a useable loom ?
I did wonder about that, but I have seen other looms for sale (just not one that suits our moho sadly)

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
No way!!! How did they get away with refusing to cover the damage?
They told the Fiat garage to do the work but when it was finished they refused to pay, the garage kept the van for a couple of weeks but then let me have it. The dealer was RDH who were based near Mansfield who, not long after closed down. I do know that the van was stripped down to enable the work to be done.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Not sure my insurance would cover it as it's mostly due to wear and tear. I do have an auto-electrician who is willing to strip the dash out to do the replacement work though. What I was trying to find was a decent used loom from a wreck/scrunch to save shelling out the almost £900 I have been quoted for the loom alone ..... fitting is another price altogether :oops:
Does mice chewing through the loom constitute wear and tear? If it’s any consolation, had a similar problem on my last van, mice chewed through the loom under the drivers seat, cost me £180 for an auto electrician to find and fix the problem. Good luck

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Suggest the OP googles "rusty junction" - a well known problem on X250 Fiats. Found beneath the fuse box where the multi-core wrapped cable forms a U bend.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back