Elgol - fundraiser for loos & CDP (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
CWH

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
When did Tesco open in Broadford or Portree?
What he said 👇👇👇
There is not a Tesco store in Broadford or Portree but they have a delivery service offering click and collect to Skye from the Dingwall store.
You collect from the Camanachd car park in Portree or the Stagecoach car park in Broadford, 3 times a day. Or even Uig!
Asda does the same in the car park by the co-op in Broadford (but not nearly so often) and I think also a limited home delivery around that area.

OP
OP
CWH

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Wow - you've helped the Community to raise over £2500 of the £5000 that they need - in just 3 days! Thanks folks!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Is there somewhere you can link to donate other than Facebook? I am not on Facebook.

OP
OP
CWH

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Is there somewhere you can link to donate other than Facebook? I am not on Facebook.
I've asked and this is their reply:
"At the moment we just have the link via Facebook.
We are looking into alternatives so keep an eye out on the fb page.
But if the person who doesn’t have fb tries they might still be able to donate just by looking at the Facebook page. As from memory I think folk can still see Facebook pages. Th can get to our fb page via the link on our home page of our website."

So try this:
1] go to this website https://www.broadfordandstrath.org/
2] in the big blue area at the bottom of the page is a white block including text and a picture of a toilet block - click on that
3] that should take you to their facebook page (even though you're not on f/b) - you should be able to click on 'donate' and follow through

Let me know please if it doesn't work.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I've asked and this is their reply:
"At the moment we just have the link via Facebook.
We are looking into alternatives so keep an eye out on the fb page.
But if the person who doesn’t have fb tries they might still be able to donate just by looking at the Facebook page. As from memory I think folk can still see Facebook pages. Th can get to our fb page via the link on our home page of our website."

So try this:
1] go to this website https://www.broadfordandstrath.org/
2] in the big blue area at the bottom of the page is a white block including text and a picture of a toilet block - click on that
3] that should take you to their facebook page (even though you're not on f/b) - you should be able to click on 'donate' and follow through

Let me know please if it doesn't work.
It doesn’t work, I have tried and you have to have an account.

If they have a PayPal email address they can use, or a just giving page, they would reach a far bigger audience.

I really support this so would love to donate a tenner.

OP
OP
CWH

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
f they have a PayPal email address they can use, or a just giving page, they would reach a far bigger audience.
Maybe they weren't expecting such a wide response; pretty much all communication on Skye is via f/b and messenger - that's why I had to set up a f/b account.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Maybe they weren't expecting such a wide response; pretty much all communication on Skye is via f/b and messenger - that's why I had to set up a f/b account.

It’s great that the response has been good and thanks for help via PM.

Reactions: CWH
OP
OP
CWH

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Fantastic progress with this fundraiser, over £4000 raised by this morning, after just 5 days! Lots of islanders donating supported by kayakers and of course motorhomers, its lovely to see so many names I recognise from motorhomer groups like ours!
Keep up the good work folks, let's show how much we care about protecting the areas we love to visit, and try to help them to their £5000 target just as quickly as possible - can we aim for £5500 by the end of today???
👍

OP
OP
CWH

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
As I don't have FB account I sent the Community Company an email....address on their website. .. and was sent bank details for paying direct. HTH
They let me have those bank details if anyone else needs them.
Thank you wolfie!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
It’s up to £4411 now, cmon folks can we help get this to the £5000 limit needed.

OP
OP
CWH

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Just have to really hope that their grants now come through ...

OP
OP
CWH

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
... and of course there's another similar fundraiser I'd like to draw your attention to - 'cos if you're going to be visiting Elgol, you may well also be going across the Armadale-to-Mallaig ferry!
Please check my other thread here:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back