Elekroblok EBL99 ... what's going on? (1 Viewer)

May 22, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 600DT
Exp
Since 2012
I've just bought two new leisure batteries for our Hymer B564 and was about to install them when I noticed an anomaly.
The existing ones seem to have been connected in series....

Please help me here...
I thought that two or more leisure batteries would need to be connected in parallel to maintain the 12volt supply, otherwise it becomes 24v. I'm not totally familiar with Elektroblok 99 installation so would this be something peculiar to the EBL99 or am I going mad!
In my book, the brown wire goes to positive battery terminal and the black to negative.... I know this is mixing old and new colour-coding, but the black wire also has a blue tail pre-fuse, so I'm pretty sure it's negative!

Unfortunately I don't trust the previous owners as I've already found several bodges that I've had to correct, and this could be another one!
Many thanks
Colin

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
As TMB says the convention is normally Blue+ and Brown-. There is nothing illogical about this usage as there is no Live and Neutral when dealing with DC.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Yes, standard Hymer cabling for the battery connection is black for +ve and brown for -ve. There should be a 50 amp fuse in the black cable near to the batteries which links them to the EBL. Assuming two 12 volt batteries, there should be a black link between both positive terminals and a brown link between both negative terminals. Ideally, the main cables should be connected black to the +ve of one battery and brown to the -ve of the other battery.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back