Electrolux/Dometic RM6505 (1 Viewer)

Simon Brown

Free Member
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Can anyone help, my RM6505 has started to smell of ammonia when I open it up - its really bad and I have to vacate the van.

I believe the cooling unit is leaking and that is fairly terminal but looking around I cant find a replacement - everything else was working great until today so I think its worth repairing as its done me good service over the years - does anyone know where to get a cooling unit, a used RM6505 that I can take one from or even but a 2nd hand fridge freezer that would fit - I cant afford the £1200-£1500 to replace with new.

Thanks in advance

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Simon

If it is the cooler unit leaking there will be bright green/yellow crystals around the leak, cant help with the spare though sorry.

Martin

OP
OP
S

Simon Brown

Free Member
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Thanks for the reply - taken out the F/F this morning as need to go away in it today but didnt want to risk the kids, Dog etc getting ammonia poisoning, I had to do the work in a respirator it was so bad - cant see any crystals but I think the leak is very small, accumulates and is somewhere around the back internally.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

Simon Brown

Free Member
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Still looking, I may end up just taking all the parts other than the cooling unit and selling them, seems the bits are quite expensive, just a shame my google searches are not coming up with any I can salvage. These fridge manufacturers have us over a barrel with the prices of these things!!

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
Still looking, I may end up just taking all the parts other than the cooling unit and selling them, seems the bits are quite expensive, just a shame my google searches are not coming up with any I can salvage. These fridge manufacturers have us over a barrel with the prices of these things!!
Give me a shout if you decide to salvage some parts, I think the fridge manufacturers need to sort there game out!

Andy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back