Free Member
Feb 9, 2020
Derby
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 696
Exp
New to the experience
On entry into our MOHO the electrical control panel (located above the door) switches on fine with the main power button, as do all other accessories (pump, interior lights, Levels etc).

The issue comes when its left for a undefined period (2 or 10 minutes it varies) it turns its self off, therefore losing power to toiler pump, water pump, interior lights etc? Yes i can turn it back on, but not ideal when needed at night and you have to press the on button again?

Anyone know of a reason and regular fault that can cause this? All batteries are fully charged, solar panel working correctly etc so not sure why its happening?

IMG_5007.JPG

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
dont have an answer, but does it do the same when not on ehu or on it?
i see from the picture that the battery volts are well up so you are on the mains charger by the look of it...
try unhooking and do your tests again..

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Is there a battery inside the control panel that is failing, which some do have, our Concorde has one and there have been a few reports of them failing.

People have sent the panel off to get z new one fitted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sianna

Sianna

Free Member
Feb 9, 2020
Derby
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 696
Exp
New to the experience
dont have an answer, but does it do the same when not on ehu or on it?
i see from the picture that the battery volts are well up so you are on the mains charger by the look of it...
try unhooking and do your tests again..
Ill try it with EHU, at present Ive only tested it with no EHU and whilst out on day trips

OP
OP
Sianna

Sianna

Free Member
Feb 9, 2020
Derby
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 696
Exp
New to the experience
Update: it seems that it happens whilst either on EHU or when the solar panel is in full swing on a sunny day! From this I think I have deducted that it maybe something to do with overcharging! When in EHU with charger on - it happens, when in EHU and charger off it stays on, when not on EHU and very sunny it happens again. This all stops and it stays turned on once a little juice has gone out of the battery and it’s being drained by internal lights, tv etc. It seems to turn back off again once the battery reaches full capacity and the solar panel is still pumping power into the battery!

Any more ideas?

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
How about using voltmeter to check battery voltage at the leisure battery terminals. Both with ehu on and off. Same again with solar . This with a view to checking for overcharging and if so from which source.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Might be some ideas here

OP
OP
Sianna

Sianna

Free Member
Feb 9, 2020
Derby
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 696
Exp
New to the experience
How about using voltmeter to check battery voltage at the leisure battery terminals. Both with ehu on and off. Same again with solar . This with a view to checking for overcharging and if so from which source.

OP
OP
Sianna

Sianna

Free Member
Feb 9, 2020
Derby
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 696
Exp
New to the experience
Good one, I’ll try that when I get it home (away at present)

OP
OP
Sianna

Sianna

Free Member
Feb 9, 2020
Derby
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 696
Exp
New to the experience
Think it may have been fixed! Settings on he solar panel controller wee all wrong, wrong type of battery and wrong charging frequency also found a lose wire on the unit, all secured now with correct settings and it’s been on for 18 hours now with no drop out! Fingers crossed. Thanks for all the help and tips

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back