Electics (1 Viewer)

Jan 8, 2022
Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 794-23
Exp
Since 2010
Pulled up at campsite and can’t turn off orrange eunni g lights or 2 lights at friends t top of Motorhome. No other lights are is except awning light. Really dot understand. Also Alde panel stopped working
Help
Steve

OP
OP
K
Jan 8, 2022
Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 794-23
Exp
Since 2010
Orange running lights and white lights top of Motorhome

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
They were linked to the parking lights on our old Bessie. Did you perchance turn the ignition off while the indicator was still selected as that will set the parking lights. Try starting her up. Lights on, lights off, ensure indicator stalk is in mid position, then turn it off. Does that clear it?

Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
They were linked to the parking lights on our old Bessie. Did you perchance turn the ignition off while the indicator was still selected as that will set the parking lights. Try starting her up. Lights on, lights off, ensure indicator stalk is in mid position, then turn it off. Does that clear it?
I’d offer the same info

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Oh.... And do remove the keys from the ignition. I can't remember what niggle that caused, but something similar. Something is linked to the immobiliser, from memory, if you leave the keys in, the immobiliser will not set.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Pulled up at campsite and can’t turn off orrange eunni g lights or 2 lights at friends t top of Motorhome. No other lights are is except awning light. Really dot understand. Also Alde panel stopped working
Help
Steve
And again in English. :LOL:
Slow down, what you wrote makes no sense.

OP
OP
K
Jan 8, 2022
Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 794-23
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry. Couldn’t find glasses. At Henley campsite and turned off engine as well as lights but Orange lights each side remain on as well as 2 top white lights but no front headlights and no rear lights are on. Awning light stuck on and Alde panel not firing up?? Disaster
Steve

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
If the start it, lights on, lights off stop it, did not work, do it again, but then exit the van, close all door and lock it. Leave 20 seconds unlock, and start again. Also, is the main habitation panel coming on? Swift power off the panel if it's on when you start the engine. That relay could be sticking.

OP
OP
K
Jan 8, 2022
Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 794-23
Exp
Since 2010
No success. Main panel does turn off when I start engine so had to flick back on but no Alde panel working still

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
And the exterior marker lights are still on?

Never had an Alde so can't help with that. Hopefully someone with that experience can help. Out habitation fuse panel on the Bessie was let into the wooden panel right behind the drivers seat. If yours is in the same place, then slide the seat right forward. You should have a fuse layout in the manual so can check ( hopefully with a multimeter) the fuses that may be causing the problem. Difficult in the dark. Are you in EHU?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
K
Jan 8, 2022
Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 794-23
Exp
Since 2010
Thank you but lights still on. Tried everything I could think of??

OP
OP
K
Jan 8, 2022
Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 794-23
Exp
Since 2010
And the exterior marker lights are still on?

Never had an Alde so can't help with that. Hopefully someone with that experience can help. Out habitation fuse panel on the Bessie was let into the wooden panel right behind the drivers seat. If yours is in the same place, then slide the seat right forward. You should have a fuse layout in the manual so can check ( hopefully with a multimeter) the fuses that may be causing the problem. Difficult in the dark. Are you in EHU?
Yes on EHU 👍

OP
OP
K
Jan 8, 2022
Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 794-23
Exp
Since 2010
Yes on EHU 👍
Hi, Thanks again. I found the Habitation fuse panel which also described which fuse was which. I pulled the awaning fuse and the marker light fuse. The Awning just went DIM as did the orange marker lights. The 2 roof front marker lights just stayed fully on and are still full on. I am with dealer Monday as fed up to teeth with this motorhome. Its only 13 months old and spent more time in workshop than on holiday. Appreciate help and advice
Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back