Efoy (1 Viewer)

Oct 14, 2021
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Alpa
I spend a lot of time off grid and thinking of buying an Efoy generator, does anyone have any experience of these?

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
In my opinion, someone who had one about 6 years ago is that they are outdated. With the development of lithium, B2B chargers and solar I never have a need for one anymore. I would recommend you look at lithium or more if you already have. Efoy was a great concept but the small current output never won me over. In my opinion it now outdated and old technology.

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Lot of money to buy and run for not a power supplied. Better to go down the Lithium, Solar, and suitable charger.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I have an Efoy, lithium and a B2B. It works well for me and I don’t have to worry about lack of winter solar or parking in a shady spot to keep cool. If I am moving on daily I leave the Efoy off and let the B2B do the work. The initial purchase price is high but the fuel cost is less than the price of a hook up. The output is 5 or 6 Amps but there is no hurry, my 140 can produce 140Ah in 24 hours which is more than enough for my needs. Generally I use about 40Ah per day. Good bit of kit and great support from Fuel Cell Systems at Hungerford.

Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I have had an efoy for many years.

I find it very very useful. It's not particularly cheap to run, but i use it as a back up so doesn't have a lot of hours.

I'm actually considering selling it for my lithium upgrade.

But it's useful

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back