Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
econoline (rocket science)

hi...as some of you will know last summer while in france i came upon a long steep hill which reduced me to 25 mph .once at the summit took a break and it was fine aterwards and ever since. i have asked all our lovely motley crew some say timing,some say valves,some say have a compression test ,BUTlast night i read the download file on econoline uses supplied by linda(THANKS).in the maintenance&care section i read about the coolant fail-safe unit this when reaching a preset temp shuts down alernet cylander uses them as air pumps to cool the engine in this mode it will still run but rough and loss of power it is also capable of shutting the engine down completley once temp is down can run but advises to service vehicle. know the 64 thousand dollar question is this what happend to me in france and has mine got such a thing, where to look for it ect ect never heard such things happening in a engine
ps mine is a econoline
dave:whatthe::whatthe:

F

furmingerfamily

Deleted User
Don't know the answer Dave, but having an Econoline myself would be very interested in finding out in case it ever happens to me :Eeek: I will watch this thread with interest... What year is your btw? Mine is a 1990.

Jonathan.

:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back