LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
all in one easyfit kits, containing batteries, b2b, solar, inverter, charger , distribution board etc, with remote montioring.
does anyone have any experience of them, does seem easier than cutting crimping, cable sizing, and all that, and when you look at the cost (pricey) it does seem ok when you consider fitting time etc.
The only downside I see would be of one component goes wrong, then could be an issue for the lot, so backup inverter maybe required in you rely totally on it.
Could it even be useful for small home use ?

Jan 2, 2021
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 874
Exp
I can't really comment just yet, but I've just ordered a 5kW kit to install in the garage of my new Swift. I'm not sure how I'm going to do it yet, but I plan to have it switchable and leave the original Sargent system alone so I can easily switch between both systems and then be able to remove the Ecoflow kit in the future and still have all of the original Sargent installation to move the van on with. I'm hoping the kit will arrive in the coming days and then fitted within a week or two, I'll report back!

Upvote 0
Jan 2, 2021
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 874
Exp
I finished the power kit installation today, although a few tweaks may still be required. The hardest part was running 10 meters of 2 x 50mm2 cable from the cab battery back to the Sargent unit which took the best part of a day, but after that it was nice to see a little progress most days with little time input. When the 5kW Ecoflow power kit arrived I was surprised at the weight of both of the units so I had to re-think the location and they are now sitting over the rear axle and it just so happens that in my van this works really well and I still have free garage space! The 240 volt hook up was easy enough through a rotary EHU in switch, but I was really scratching my head as to how to get into the Sargent system 12 volt busbar without reverse flow from the Sargent B2B, AGM charger or Solar charger. In the end I wired it all to a common 12 volt busbar, but left it switched off and asked Ecoflow yesterday if there was any reverse flow issues from the Sargent equipment. At 5.40 am this morning I had a email response saying don't worry the Ecoflow has its own protection. I will still install isolation switches on each circuit so I have control, but for now I have a very off grid capable van to use this weekend!

Happy days with 10,000 watts usable power onboard! and when the sun finally returns I have over 1,000 watts on the roof waiting for a suntan!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
all in one easyfit kits, containing batteries, b2b, solar, inverter, charger , distribution board etc, with remote montioring.
does anyone have any experience of them, does seem easier than cutting crimping, cable sizing, and all that, and when you look at the cost (pricey) it does seem ok when you consider fitting time etc.
The only downside I see would be of one component goes wrong, then could be an issue for the lot, so backup inverter maybe required in you rely totally on it.
Could it even be useful for small home use ?

That really does look pretty straightforward, even for me.😁

Not that I’ll be needing it, but think I’d be able to do an install like that. Dealing with the vehicle alternator side of things I’d need help with though……couldn’t find the video for that bit.🤷‍♂️

Upvote 1
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I finished the power kit installation today, although a few tweaks may still be required. The hardest part was running 10 meters of 2 x 50mm2 cable from the cab battery back to the Sargent unit which took the best part of a day, but after that it was nice to see a little progress most days with little time input. When the 5kW Ecoflow power kit arrived I was surprised at the weight of both of the units so I had to re-think the location and they are now sitting over the rear axle and it just so happens that in my van this works really well and I still have free garage space! The 240 volt hook up was easy enough through a rotary EHU in switch, but I was really scratching my head as to how to get into the Sargent system 12 volt busbar without reverse flow from the Sargent B2B, AGM charger or Solar charger. In the end I wired it all to a common 12 volt busbar, but left it switched off and asked Ecoflow yesterday if there was any reverse flow issues from the Sargent equipment. At 5.40 am this morning I had a email response saying don't worry the Ecoflow has its own protection. I will still install isolation switches on each circuit so I have control, but for now I have a very off grid capable van to use this weekend!

Happy days with 10,000 watts usable power onboard! and when the sun finally returns I have over 1,000 watts on the roof waiting for a suntan!
How the hell do you use all that power?

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
5kw is only a 400 ah battery I'm looking at fitting a 460 ah in the next van.
He says he's got 10000 watts of power and 1000 on the roof, I have two 100 amp batteries and 200 watts on the roof and I still haven't found out how to use it all, everything is full by about dinnertime.

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
How the hell do you use all that power?
There's many options, especially if you would like to avoid using gas, which is a fossil fuel and contributes to increased CO2.

A compressor fridge uses about 30 to 40Ah per day, which is 360 to 480Wh per day. If cooking is done by electricity that is about 1 or 2 kWh depending on what you use. It takes about half a kWh to heat 10 litres of water for a shower in winter.

Heating is the major user - a 500W heater on for 24 hours would use 12kWh, so even a 10kWh battery would not be enough.

In summer 1000W of solar would give you 5kWh per day on a good long sunny day, so that is more than enough for daily summer demand. A 10kWh battery will see you through a few dull days until the sun shines again.

10kWh of battery is a useful amount. It's what many people use for domestic storage, with a solar array, to increase the self-consumption and minimise the use of grid power. With the right meters and software, it can be used by the electricity companies to 'peak-shave', to reduce demand during peak hours, and fill up in off-peak hours if solar isn't enough.

It's also possible to sell the stored power at peak rates to the electricity company, and either refill with solar or buy it back at cheap rates in the early hours.

This kind of thing will increase hugely in the future, as more people have battery storage and/or electric vehicles connected to a charger on the driveway.

The nice thing about the Ecoflow kit is it is kind of portable, you can use it for domestic storage, and then take it with you in the motorhome.

Upvote 0
Jan 2, 2021
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 874
Exp
He says he's got 10000 watts of power and 1000 on the roof, I have two 100 amp batteries and 200 watts on the roof and I still haven't found out how to use it all, everything is full by about dinnertime.
Hi Chaser, I'm planning for an AC unit whenever Ecoflow bring it to Europe (hopefully 2023), so I wanted to be ahead of the game now and not having to modify my van during tour time!

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Gadget Johns latest video. Apart from the burnt out cable he has other problems with the Ecoflow system. He is ripping it out, temporarily using a power pack, and then replacing the whole system with Renogy stuff.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Gadget Johns latest video. Apart from the burnt out cable he has other problems with the Ecoflow system. He is ripping it out, temporarily using a power pack, and then replacing the whole system with Renogy stuff.
Sounds normal for him.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

DT

Dec 27, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Boats Caravans & Motorhomes for 25 years
Funny three weeks ago they were the best thing since sliced bread now he is asking for compensation.

Upvote 0
Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
To save others searching

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun