EC500 Panel Help (1 Viewer)

Sep 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker RS
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi can anyone tell me why light keeps coming on my control panel which changes the power source from leisure to vehicle battery? We have it off as we was told to use leisure battery but it intermittently puts the light on by itself which means it is pulling from vehicle battery??

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Is it possible that your leisure battery is failing so the panel is automatically switching to the vehicle battery as it has a higher charge available?

Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
It may be the smart charging switching batteries , If you look at resources section (on the top line next to Subscriptions) on page 2 you can download the information about this feature which may help explain things.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
As above, its designed to charge both sets of batteries and is simply switching over as designed to do. When you say the light comes on do you mean the light on the control panel or the hab light. The EC 500 can also be programmed to switch your hab lights on once set up. The details will be in the manual.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N
Sep 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker RS
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi, thanks for replies.

It is coming on the control panel phil, any ideas?

Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
It may be the smart charging switching batteries , If you look at resources section (on the top line next to Subscriptions) on page 2 you can download the information about this feature which may help explain things.
There is also a operation manual for the Sargent EC500 at the bottom of the same page which can be downloaded and may help with information regarding this system.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back