eBay classified ad - being charged for Gallery Plus regardless (1 Viewer)

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Ok, so I know I'm not brilliant with all this online technology so I decided to start early on drafting my motorhome advert on eBay. Good job I did because it took me a whole day trying to find out where they'd hidden the Classified Ad option. :rolleyes: Turns out you have to use the 'Advanced' selling tool even tho' eBay suggest that eejits like me shouldn't. o_O

So now I'm playing around with adding my first photo to the ad. Managed to upload a good one of The Beastie looking splendid in a sunny field. :) However, eBay want to charge me an extra £2.99 to use their Gallery Plus which I do not see the need for. Regardless of how many times I untick the Gallery Plus box, the £2.99 charge is still added to the cost of the ad. It never reads the £14.99 cost that it's supposed to. :mad:

From wading through the eBay community help forums, it seems that there is some kind of glitch but it also seems to have been going on for weeks without anything being done about it! :confused:

Anyone on here have any bright ideas as to how get rid of the Gallery Plus charge? :oops:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Ok, so I know I'm not brilliant with all this online technology so I decided to start early on drafting my motorhome advert on eBay. Good job I did because it took me a whole day trying to find out where they'd hidden the Classified Ad option. :rolleyes: Turns out you have to use the 'Advanced' selling tool even tho' eBay suggest that eejits like me shouldn't. o_O

So now I'm playing around with adding my first photo to the ad. Managed to upload a good one of The Beastie looking splendid in a sunny field. :) However, eBay want to charge me an extra £2.99 to use their Gallery Plus which I do not see the need for. Regardless of how many times I untick the Gallery Plus box, the £2.99 charge is still added to the cost of the ad. It never reads the £14.99 cost that it's supposed to. :mad:

From wading through the eBay community help forums, it seems that there is some kind of glitch but it also seems to have been going on for weeks without anything being done about it! :confused:

Anyone on here have any bright ideas as to how get rid of the Gallery Plus charge? :oops:
If you havnt done already, I'd put it on here first for free, never know might just be what someone is looking for.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Yes, that's a good idea. I'll probably put it on here a week before I put it on eBay. Hopefully by then eBay might have sorted out their Gallery
Plus glitch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
In the scheme of things......... lol

BMM

Free Member
May 26, 2017
Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a Newbie
you could always increase the price of the motorhome by £2.99 :D

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I could but that's not the point. If eBay are adding £2.99 to everyone's ads for nothing, that is wrong. And if you happened to be placing a lot of ads, you could be seriously out of pocket.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Have you go this box ticked?
2017_07_02_16.16.18.png

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Ever heard the one about looking after the pennies ........? ;)
How about cutting off nose to spite face......;)
If we were looking and could not even see a decent photo, we would think twice unless it was within reasonable striking distance and we would not bother if it were further.
We have travelled some long distances on the hunt for what we are looking for and found it........

Deleted User
I had the same problem, in the end had to go with it. I think it allows people to hover over picture and see a bigger version, allowing a really close of every detail, which I admit I do use when looking at others adds, I noticed some don't allow it, which is either my tablet playing up or they have somehow managed to avoid the £2.99 fee.

Lin :)

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
I like listings with the 'mouse over image to zoom' feature, and feel frustrated when I come across one that doesn't have it. Always feels like the seller can't really be bothered. Just sayin'...

Reactions: BMM
OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
How about cutting off nose to spite face......;)
If we were looking and could not even see a decent photo, we would think twice unless it was within reasonable striking distance and we would not bother if it were further.
We have travelled some long distances on the hunt for what we are looking for and found it........
Um, hello. It's nothing to do with that. There will be the full complement of photos when the ad goes live. At the moment I am learning how to put one of these ads together.

The issue is that despite removing the tick in the Gallery Plus box you still get charged the £2.99 for it. All that Gallery Plus does is enlarge one photo when you hover over it. Nothing to do with number or clarity of photos.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I had the same problem, in the end had to go with it. I think it allows people to hover over picture and see a bigger version, allowing a really close of every detail, which I admit I do use when looking at others adds, I noticed some don't allow it, which is either my tablet playing up or they have somehow managed to avoid the £2.99 fee.

Lin :)

Thank you. It's not a feature I've ever used.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Try listing it by logging on via ebay.com not .co.uk
Thanks for that Jez. Apparently there is the same issue on the US site. They're up in arms about it - and they only have to pay 35 cents for Gallery Plus.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've got the same problem ... when I put my Smart car on Ebay I unticked the box for Gallery Plus and it still included it, for £2.99, no matter what I do it won't let me remove it ... annoying!

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I've got the same problem ... when I put my Smart car on Ebay I unticked the box for Gallery Plus and it still included it, for £2.99, no matter what I do it won't let me remove it ... annoying!
Thanks for that Mel. Seems like eBay are well aware of the problem but in no rush to put it right. I don't mind paying the extra £2.99 if I decide that the Gallery Plus is worth having, but resent being charged for it if I don't.

Deleted User
Thank you. It's not a feature I've ever used.
I've just got my invoice today from ebay for June, which is just the fees for our ad a classified, it's for £18.48 this is the £14.99 fee, 50p for using sub title, I think, then the £2.99 they have rolled the extra £3.49 into one line as Advanced listing upgrade fess.
Still if we get a sale can't grumble, though bit cheeky not allowing the uncheck on the £2.99.

Lin:)

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I've just got my invoice today from ebay for June, which is just the fees for our ad a classified, it's for £18.48 this is the £14.99 fee, 50p for using sub title, I think, then the £2.99 they have rolled the extra £3.49 into one line as Advanced listing upgrade fess.
Still if we get a sale can't grumble, though bit cheeky not allowing the uncheck on the £2.99.

Lin:)
More than a bit cheeky, I think. Surely it's fraudulent? o_O

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back