• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Easylifter Hydra-Trail for standard motorcycle / Piaggio 3 wheel scooter (1 Viewer)

Parapilot

Free Member
Dec 29, 2015
Whiston
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
6 years
Anyone selling a standard one or interested in a swap, or purchasing mine ?

I have a Hydra-Trail factory modified to suit a Piaggio 3 wheel MP3 trike / scooter (or similar), but want one for a full sized motorcycle.

Mine is in excellent condition, factory built by Easylifter to simply reverse the scooter onto the ramp, with solid plates to hold the twin wheels so it all stays very secure.

The Piaggio style of scooters are very stable and can be ridden on a regular car licence so ideal for someone wanting personal transport without having to go through expensive motorcycle training.

IMG_20180926_173757 (1)_717x600.jpg
IMG_20180926_173816_450x600.jpg

Last edited:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Anyone selling one or looking to swap ?

I have a Hydra-Trail factory modified to suit a Piaggio 3 wheel MP3 trike / scooter, but want one for a full sized motorcycle.

Thanks

Can it not just have the base the bike sits on changed on yours?

OP
OP
Parapilot

Parapilot

Free Member
Dec 29, 2015
Whiston
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
6 years
Can it not just have the base the bike sits on changed on yours?
Yes, but the base is the main part, so I'm thinking it might be easier to sell or swap with someone who wants to ride a 3 wheel scooter -- to save us both making modifications. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Yes, but the base is the main part, so I'm thinking it might be easier to sell or swap with someone who wants to ride a 3 wheel scooter -- to save us both making modifications. (y)

Excuse me being nosey but I am considering (just considering so far :) ) buying 2nd hand a Piaggio so would very much appreciate your advice/input

1. Was the 3 wheeler overall a success when motorhoming?
2. Why are you changing from 3 wheels to 2?
3. How much is your 3 wheel adapted easylifter?
4. Is your piaggio for sale?

Sorry if this all sounds a bit cheeky - it is not meant to be - but I have been considering a piaggio for some time so just making a tentative enquiry! :)

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
If your trailer is any good which it does look in good condition - It is probably gonna cost more in fuel to swop rather than just modifying it - also you could end up with a pile of rubbish with problems

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Parapilot

Parapilot

Free Member
Dec 29, 2015
Whiston
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
6 years
Excuse me being nosey but I am considering (just considering so far :) ) buying 2nd hand a Piaggio
Nothing cheeky or nosey about it - I just messaged someone else with similar info:

1. Yes the 3 wheelers are brilliant and perfect for motorhoming - giving the ease and freedom to explore cities without the hassle of traffic jams and parking, go to the beach or restaurants, cheap to run and insure etc. Safe, stable and nice to use with no motorcycle experience, one or two
2. Basically I have a lot of biker friends who nagged me into getting a 'proper' big touring bike so I spent a load of money on lessons and found I enjoy the extra speed and excitement (maybe a little too much).:D
3. Ideally I was hoping to find a swap with someone wanting to go 'the other way' but might sell for around £800, providing I can find a good 'standard' version for that sort of money.
4. The Piaggio already went to fund the big bike (and training/licence).

The HydraTrail itself is a brilliant piece of kit that you hardly notice as it auto-steers when reversing and takes no more than 5 to 10 minutes to fit the jack, raise and lower it with the wheels removed, do the tie-down straps etc and ride off (or on). No problem when staying on sites but I move around a lot so can speed things up by leaving it on the wheels and just rolling it up or down a ramp to the side (like a fixed scooter rack).

OP
OP
Parapilot

Parapilot

Free Member
Dec 29, 2015
Whiston
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
6 years
Just unbolt the extra bits.

If your trailer is any good which it does look in good condition - It is probably gonna cost more in fuel to swop rather than just modifying it - also you could end up with a pile of rubbish with problems

That was my initial idea ..... BUT I then realised the seat clamp was on the left rather than the right (doh!) because the Piaggio goes on 'backwards' so would need the whole chequerplate turning round and rebolting, plus the wheel-stay swapping over etc. The motorbike brake and clutch levers would be on the 'wrong' side for me to drive it up the ramp (being naturally right-handed). I can modify everything this weekend if necessary, but at the moment it is perfect for a Piaggio and save someone the extra cost of buying a new factory modified hydra-trail, so thought I would check interest here first.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back