Easy lift Hydra Trail maintenance (1 Viewer)

Jun 7, 2020
Poole
Funster No
MH
Adria coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2019
Just had first trip out of 400 miles with new to me Hydra Trail.
I replaced the central mounting post that forms part of the pantograph as it was twisted, however, still had some issues with Rh wheel locking in odd positions when manoeuvring and driving resulting in tread being scrubbed off. I lubed the castor mount with silicone spray which helped but still not happy that this castor is much stiffer than Lh one.
somethings not right as it has destroyed the tyre on one trip.
there seems to be very little maintenance info out there, even from manufacturer.
anyone had experience of how to maintain the castor wheels?

Vic

Aug 1, 2010
Funster No
Are both swivel jubilee clips set at the same resistance? They should be tight enough to stop the casters being able to turn easily. Too tight and the casters will lock in position, too loose and they will wobble. Both will scrub out the tyres.
Re the pantograph upright, which way did it bend? If bent away from the motorhome, did you reverse into or over a kerb.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ancillotti
Jun 7, 2020
Poole
Funster No
MH
Adria coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2019
the post was bent when I bought it, however it wasn’t visible until I mounted it. The slight twist made it about 150mm closer on the near side. Although in theory this doesn’t affect anything, I didn’t like it so purchased a replacement post.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Sorry can't help, not had much chance to use ours due to lockdown, no problems on the 2 occassions we could. Will talk to john about maintenance, don't remember any info on that when we picked it up. Ancillotti hope someone else, who cn help, comes along.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back