DVLA Scam. (1 Viewer)

Dec 1, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Twenty years
I have had an email telling me my vehicle is not taxed, as there were insufficient funds in my account. (I know exactly how much is in my account) It doesn’t tell me which vehicle it is, only to follow the instructions and to pay by credit card instead of a debit card and all would be ok, or words to that effect. In my opinion a rather obvious fraud, but no doubt someone maybe taken in.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I have had an email telling me my vehicle is not taxed, as there were insufficient funds in my account. (I know exactly how much is in my account) It doesn’t tell me which vehicle it is, only to follow the instructions and to pay by credit card instead of a debit card and all would be ok, or words to that effect. In my opinion a rather obvious fraud, but no doubt someone maybe taken in.
Yeah I have had that this morning, no mention of what vehicle, so out of a dozen which one do they mean? :unsure:

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.

Check if a vehicle is taxed​

Find out if a vehicle has up-to-date vehicle tax or has been registered as off the road (SORN). It can take up to 5 working days for the records to update.
You’ll need the vehicle’s registration number (number plate).
This service is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).
Start nowon the vehicle enquiry service

Before you start​

You can also use this service to check the current tax rates for your vehicle. You’ll need the 11-digit reference number from your vehicle log book (V5C).
Use ‘askMID’ to check if your vehicle is insured.

Related content​

Does the official Gov site say it's taxed? If so no worries. Scammers, love to get my hands on some.

Reactions: 68c
Mar 26, 2020
Uranus
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
You could forward scam emails to: report@phishing.gov.uk However, if you've actually lost any shekels, then it's a crime, so go to:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

Check if a vehicle is taxed​

Find out if a vehicle has up-to-date vehicle tax or has been registered as off the road (SORN). It can take up to 5 working days for the records to update.
You’ll need the vehicle’s registration number (number plate).
This service is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).
Start nowon the vehicle enquiry service

Before you start​

You can also use this service to check the current tax rates for your vehicle. You’ll need the 11-digit reference number from your vehicle log book (V5C).
Use ‘askMID’ to check if your vehicle is insured.

Related content​

Does the official Gov site say it's taxed? If so no worries. Scammers, love to get my hands on some.
Or you could save time and accept it for the scam it is.

I've got bailiffs and the police queuing down the street due to unpaid tax, unpaid NI and god knows what else

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
Or you could save time and accept it for the scam it is.

I've got bailiffs and the police queuing down the street due to unpaid tax, unpaid NI and god knows what else
I have also got he tax man waiting to send me a refund of thousands of pounds, he is just waiting for my bank details !!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I have also got he tax man waiting to send me a refund of thousands of pounds, he is just waiting for my bank details !!
I wouldn't mind that, they are coming for me for tax evasion.
I keep the kettle on the boil to offer them a cup of tea but they never come.

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
I get the same email this morning sent from Belgium !!! Do you think the EU is trying to scam us ?

xkburiztyy@telenet.be

Attempting to look like:
Britain's vehicle safety agency embraces in-house agile contracts - AGL  Association

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
If you hover the cursor over the senders email address it will show it as if to save the address to your address book. then it will be obvious, this one came from an obscure Belgian made-up silly name, not the DLVC.

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
If you hover the cursor over the senders email address it will show it as if to save the address to your address book. then it will be obvious, this one came from an obscure Belgian made-up silly name, not the DLVC.
Ah that would be the Dark, Light and Vegan Chocolate department if sent from Belgium.
Driver Vehicle Licensing Authority if from the UK!
I thank you!😂

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back