LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Received my D47P renewal from DVLA on Monday last week to renew my HGV license CE, had a medical Wednesday and sent off both forms D4 as well same day, checked Friday on line and they have already sorted my license as shows extended for another 5 years. Maybe they are now getting back to normal as that seemed to be pretty quick turnaround. Not received it back yet but i am sure it will be here shortly given they have already done it on their systems.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
DVLA back to normal,- that probably means even more cock up's.
never thought of it that way :)

Yes, they are back to normal.

They have lost my V5 Document sent to them nine weeks ago for correction. So normal service has clearly been resumed.:cool:
I did read that it is better to send letters to DVLA not recorded or special as it then goes somewhere different to what it should. not sure if this was the case but 9 weeks is enough i would of thought to do anything.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988

I did read that it is better to send letters to DVLA not recorded or special as it then goes somewhere different to what it should. not sure if this was the case but 9 weeks is enough i would of thought to do anything.
Without going into too much detail because I have posted elsewhere.

V5 sent to address provided by DVLA during on-line chat.
Two follow up e-mail messages asking re progress.
Two “Automated replies” received promising an answer within 72 hrs
No such answers provided.
Telephone conversation yesterday with DVLA shows “they have no record of the returned V5”

As I said, normal service is resumed.:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
That is shocking, i was surprised when I attempted to call them a couple of weeks ago to chase my D47P form that i actually got to speak to someone. It was after an hour on wait though but it was a real person not their automated system.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2015
🇵🇹
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Every day a schoolday
I sent our V5 to them on 13th August to update the weight and change of address.
At the beginning of November I emailed them to see why we hadn’t received the new one back and their reply 3 days later was that they hadn’t received it in the first place!
They suggested I apply for a replacement at a cost of £25 but ..... just as well I dithered!!
Guess what turned up last week? Yup - updated V5:rolleyes:

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
" I know nothing.......... I am from Portugal :unsure:. I have counted to 10......MANY times now,enlisted the help of SIL...he has now counted to 10 twice.......... All will be revealed as soon/when i get the right result.
Tea Bag the Invincible ?... NO !! The INVISIBLE DOH !!

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I sent our V5 to them on 13th August to update the weight and change of address.
At the beginning of November I emailed them to see why we hadn’t received the new one back and their reply 3 days later was that they hadn’t received it in the first place!
They suggested I apply for a replacement at a cost of £25 but ..... just as well I dithered!!
Guess what turned up last week? Yup - updated V5:rolleyes:
I was luckier than you.

The young lady I spoke to yesterday agreed to send me a new “original” V5 at no charge. It will still have the same problem of course. Hopefully I will have the same ultimate result as yourself.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
When I was sorting out my parent estate I sent recorded I was informed by them that this did delay the process as it did not go to them direct.

If I need some very quick (not under lockdown) we would visit often sorted whilst stood at the counter

Just another group of people doing a thankless job who we can all moan about who are trying to pay their bills.💴

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Well posty just been and my new license is now here, thats 7 days total from posting to getting it back. I really do feel for the people that are still waiting, cant see how anything can take more than a few weeks now, there are of course other factors in play.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
When I was sorting out my parent estate I sent recorded I was informed by them that this did delay the process as it did not go to them direct.

If I need some very quick (not under lockdown) we would visit often sorted whilst stood at the counter

Just another group of people doing a thankless job who we can all moan about who are trying to pay their bills.💴
I had heard that sending something recorded or special will delay it

dipsie

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
The DVLA messed me around for months three years ago, I finally wrote to them listing all the problems that their inability to process their work in a way that should be expected.
I received an apology and a check for £30 to cover my expenses incurred. The letter I have exhibited in a frame on a wall.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

If you send them on a signed for service they go to Swansea sorting office who apparently deliver them when/if they feel like it. Btw the signature does not appear to belong to anyone.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
If you send them on a signed for service they go to Swansea sorting office who apparently deliver them when/if they feel like it. Btw the signature does not appear to belong to anyone.
I think they all took medical degrees before joining the DVLA. :cool:

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
If you are sending documents with your application you are stuffed if it's not signed for, at least if they signed for it it's down to them if they lose it.
I agree, it just seems to be that if using signed for service they don't seem to get them which defeats the object really

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
It was after an hour on wait though
In this day & age it is wrong for any type of business be it private , government ,council, banks, etc, to expect you to wait for more than 90 seconds. They need to employ more people.

they stopped that a long while ago. Just like the local offices used to be ideal. Whole lot has gone backwards.

Reactions: BDM
OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
In this day & age it is wrong for any type of business be it private , government ,council, banks, etc, to expect you to wait for more than 90 seconds. They need to employ more people.
Not sure what this is in reply to as i never said it was wrong to wait just that I had, if i didn't want to wait i would of hung up.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Sent my papers registered/recorded. Once my parcel goes in that red box outside the PO no idea what might happen. Got my stuff back all correct within 7 day's.
However, a separate mail sent by same method the V5 we sent took 3 months.
You win some you lose some.

Keith E

Free Member
Jul 30, 2018
Funster No
I got an email from them on Wednesday gone confirming my purchase of a vanity plate for the car and telling me the certificate of entitlement would arrive in the next fourteen days.
It arrived on Saturday.
Plates were made Saturday afternoon and fitted Monday.
A quick online notification and the response allowing me to use the plates was virtually instantaneous.
I can't complain about any of the process

Reactions: zac
Aug 25, 2020
Northamptonshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
We bought our my end of August from a "private sale" he did but and sell cars. We did have a v5 (apparently lost) and applied for new one. 4 weeks are I spoke to DVLA and they said it was in process and would be here in a couple of weeks, still nothing! Should I contact them again?

Reactions: zac

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Sent my V5C on 23rd October for Uprating change and correction to spelling mistake in my name.

Sent recorded 23rd, signed for on the 24th. Various original documents enclosed, so not a good idea to send without proof of posting. I’ve copied every page of all documents, including my covering letter, then stapled what I sent to keep them altogether.

No guarantee things won’t go missing, but at least I’ve done all I can my end.

I’ll update when I get my documents back. (y)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Not only DVLA, the department of work and pensions (DWP) are just as bad.
I've been in a phone queue for 55 minutes before which is bad enough but listening to Vivaldi's four seasons on a loop makes it feel like waiting four seasons.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Changed my address , got back licence in 2 weeks , wife's sent same time took 3 months to come back .
Well in management I never accepted mistakes made by anyone ,every mistake was logged and investigated to se what had happened . Now I hear some say "Everybody makes Mistakes " Correct they do even me :unsure: , but. I / we are / were not paid to make mistakes if you are managing people and take a blazay attitude to the person who makes a mistake then it will get around the workplace and no one will care a sod .

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
When I renewed my driving licence at 70 years old they managed to lose it too. Fortunately, because I wanted to ensure that I kept my motorcycle authority, I had photocopied the old one.

They have a terrible track record for anything that requires human interaction. The automated services, like VED renewal, works very well.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I have said this before so apologies for repeating myself!!

70 renewal with D4 sent 10th August needed human intervention because of a cock up by D4Drivers Dr... still not got it back and you cannot get through to that section the phone is permanently engaged. or you get a recorded message, "were busy right now call back later"!:mad:

did manage to get a real person yesterday on web chat who gave me a number to call :doh: YeH right!! same old same old.:banghead::banghead:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back