duvalay (1 Viewer)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Looked at them and bought a foam topper from Dunelm take a 3 tog duvet from home can’t use it at both places Have a very thin very warm fleece throw in case I get cold. Can’t do with a sleeping bag unless I find one where you can leave the bottom open to stick my feet out.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I absolutely hate sleeping bags, which I find much too restricting. For the last 45 years or so I have been using duvets and have got well used to their lack of restrictions. Our first motorhome had fixed twin singles and we quickly realised that meant we could sleep as we do at home, i.e. using fitted sheets and duvets, which we did not need to make up every day. Because of this the motorhome we now have also has twin singles, so again we can leave them made up during the day.

If the beds you sleep on are used as seating during the day I can understand that a duvalay will make it quicker to make the beds and is less restrictive than a sleeping bags. But if the bed can be left made up all day, like our twin singles or drop down bed, I really do not see the point of using a dvalay, and would always use fitted sheet(s) and duvet(s).

Apr 8, 2018
East Riding of Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2017
One of the main reasons we went for a fixed bed in our PVC! Made to measure Duvalay mattress as OH has a hip issue and normal duvets. 4.5tog in summer (including last week in Scotland) and only 10.5tog in winter! Snug as bugs....... :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
We love ours, although I'm working from memory as we haven't used the van since last October and I can't see it being used again in the near or quite far future. I have to admit though that when I bought a new wider Duvalay a few years ago the quality of the material used to make it had declined quite measurably being very thin and lightweight. Great design but maybe a different company could have a go at making them? Very expensive for whats obviously a bit of a cost cutting exercise.

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
I need open feet or a mummy bag. Never used a duvalay. Our drop down bed is always made up with cotton sheets and a silk duvet, yes silk. Expensive but lightweight for a given "tog". Surpurb for a tosser like me. Read that the way you want. Having used one at home the delivery wait for one for the van was too long. Dont get one youll end up with 2 weights home and away.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I absolutely hate sleeping bags, which I find much too restricting. For the last 45 years or so I have been using duvets and have got well used to their lack of restrictions. Our first motorhome had fixed twin singles and we quickly realised that meant we could sleep as we do at home, i.e. using fitted sheets and duvets, which we did not need to make up every day. Because of this the motorhome we now have also has twin singles, so again we can leave them made up during the day.

If the beds you sleep on are used as seating during the day I can understand that a duvalay will make it quicker to make the beds and is less restrictive than a sleeping bags. But if the bed can be left made up all day, like our twin singles or drop down bed, I really do not see the point of using a dvalay, and would always use fitted sheet(s) and duvet(s).
I think your are missing the point of Duvalay, they are not like normal sleeping bags, they are open down one side so you don’t feel mummified and you don’t get a cold bum in the middle of the night unless you are a riggler 🙀

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Lots of us have Baavet duvets & pillows - searching on the forum brings up lots of posts for info. (y) Good idea to get on their mailing list & keep an eye on their Baargain Box on the website https://www.baavet.co.uk/baavet-wool-bargains for great value when they clear under or over weight stock. Some do smell "sheepy" though https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...until-31st-december-2016.126621/#post-1826840 so not ideal for all but great for keeping warm without overheating.
Will contact them to see if they will offer a discount code for Funsters again as spotted that we had one before :)

Aug 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Thanks for this. Just bought myself one with the discount.
oh dear...... I had posted my question then went and purchased the super light weight and pillow - at FULL price.......now I'm reminded of the discount.......maybe I'll get a second one in a different weight :D

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I am mighty impressed with Baavet.

Spoke to them Tuesday and got advice on which one to buy. Put my order in on line at about 1:30pm with discount and free delivery and it arrived at about 1pm yesterday via DHL, less than 24 hours later.

Tried it last night and it seems to be very comfortable. Time will tell if it is for me, but the omens are good. If they are I will buy a light or superlight one for summers.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I am mighty impressed with Baavet.

Spoke to them Tuesday and got advice on which one to buy. Put my order in on line at about 1:30pm with discount and free delivery and it arrived at about 1pm yesterday via DHL, less than 24 hours later.

Tried it last night and it seems to be very comfortable. Time will tell if it is for me, but the omens are good. If they are I will buy a light or superlight one for summers.
Thank you for the feedback - it's good to hear that you like it too :smiley:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back