Dumfries - brake pad check needed. (1 Viewer)

Jun 20, 2023
Funster No
MH
planning one…
In Dumfries area - and brake pad warning light has just come on. Any suggestions for good garages? (Fiat Ducato)

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Our 2010 Burstner is based on a Fiat Ducato. The brake pad warning light comes on when the pads wear down to a wire in the friction material.

On ours there is only one sensor on the front nearside wheel.

Might be worth having a word with any of the Team Protyre places on the Kingstown Estate on the north side of Carlisle. Gates Tyres and Denton Tyres are part of Team Protyre and handled my new tyres and tracking last year and I think they do brakes.

20231203_110704.jpg

I had mine done at a garage in Penrith but that might be a bit far for you.

Suenliam

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 14, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion CV40
Exp
20+
John Black on the Catherinefield Ind. Estate looked after our Adria (Fiat) in the past. Quite thorough. I think his son now handles the work. He does the local ambulances etc. We always had reliable service - not elegant, but efficetive!
Catherinefield industrial estate, 6B Catherinefield Ind Est, Heathall, Heathhall, Dumfries DG1 3PQ
Phone: Broken Link Removed
Sue

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
John Black on the Catherinefield Ind. Estate looked after our Adria (Fiat) in the past. Quite thorough. I think his son now handles the work. He does the local ambulances etc. We always had reliable service - not elegant, but efficetive!
Catherinefield industrial estate, 6B Catherinefield Ind Est, Heathall, Heathhall, Dumfries DG1 3PQ
Phone: Broken Link Removed
Sue
Sue, unfortunately John has cancer. His son Stevie works with me and does work on his days off to keep the contracts ticking over, he’s not taking any new work. We now use Faulds as this is who John recommended.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Independant garage. Use for cars and motorhome mot etc. Always been very fair.

I would recommend the above garage, we have used them for a couple of things now and they’ve been very helpful, Parkdale garage at Cargenbridge are also decent as are Bridgend although both limited in size, they can do Motorhome’s just depends on size.
IMG_0810.png
IMG_0809.png

If you need any more assistance let me know

OP
OP
I
Jun 20, 2023
Funster No
MH
planning one…
Thanks for all the suggestions! Appreciate the local knowledge. Will try and sort, currently in the area for another day, as we don’t fancy trying the lakes, but it’s lovely here anyway!

Suenliam

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 14, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion CV40
Exp
20+
Gerry - lorger - sorry to hear about John, he was always so helpful to us with the previous MH and cars. Fortunately we have not needed his services for the last couple of years as we changed our old Adria MH for a new camper so we are a bit out of touch. If you happen to speak to John's son ask him to send our regards to John and his wife.
Sorry to have hijacked the thread :oops2:
Sue

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sue and Rick

Free Member
Apr 20, 2022
Brighouse, UK
Funster No
MH
Autoquest 155 2016
Exp
Since 2020
Thanks for all the suggestions! Appreciate the local knowledge. Will try and sort, currently in the area for another day, as we don’t fancy trying the lakes, but it’s lovely here anyway!
Check your fluid level as when it drops the light will come on on most vehicles

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Yeah, give the Lakes a miss for the next day or two, roads are a bit iffy with snow.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back