Ducato+remis Blinds+dashcam Anyone? (1 Viewer)

yellabellyex

Free Member
Feb 19, 2015
Lincoln area
Funster No
MH
Bespoke PVC
Exp
Since 2010
It may be too late for this trip, but I'd like to use a dashcam, but I have Remis blinds, and would like a mounting that doesn't have to be dismantled every night when we close the Remis blinds.
Has anyone got a specific camera and mount that works; and is still reasonably priced?
Thaks
alan b

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
I use one similar to this

I can't remember the exact model that I bought.

The remis blinds still close so long as you just move the mirror so that it is parallel to the windscreen. The cable is long enough to be routed along the top of the blind bracket, down the side and along the bottom of the dashboard, coming out in the centre glove box and then plugging into the charge socket.

I was the same as you - didn't want to have to dismantle every time we stopped and left the van, or wanted to draw the blinds. It costs a bit more than some you can get other recorders for but the convenience of leaving it in situ all the time is great. I was finding that for short trips we weren't bothering to put the old one on, which kind of defeats the object of having one as you can bet your bottom dollar that it would be on a short trip that something would happen.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We use velcro to stick it on the useless plastic flap on the top of the dash, the dashcam is a mini803, all the usual abilities (gps, etc..) can be mounted on the dash as per normal or upside down as we have done.

20150501_130954_HDR.jpg 20150501_131041.jpg 20150501_131048.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I have a Jaws one and I just unplug it, take the suction pad off the windscreen and put it back the next morning. About 3 seconds each time. No dismantling is involved.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
I bought a GPS plate from Halfords in the UK ÂŁ5:00.
Just stock it to the dashboard and mounted the dashcam on that

Mel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back