Ducato instrument cluster (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

FrankD

Free Member
Jan 30, 2019
Funster No
I am really hoping someone can help me out here. I have a Fiat Ducato swift escape 686 (2011) - I have had a strange light appear on the Dash that I have been unable to find out what it means online. I had a full service recently and someone put a computer on it but no fault code found (and they had never seen the warning light before). I sent it in to a local Fiat Dealer but it is not a light they have seen before either. The light is red so I am concerned its something serious but the light doesn't even appear in my manual.

I keep my motor home in storage and haven't got a picture of it illuminated. But I have made a drawing and found a picture online of a cluster with the same light un-illuminated.

Here's the drawing:

2011-FIAT-DUCATO.jpg

Here's a dash I found online with the same symbol but not illuminated:

5129414.jpg

Here's the response I got from a local Fiat car dealer:

Screenshot-1.jpg

I am really hoping someone could shed some light on what the warning light is. It is very bright so I think it probably isn't just the usual dim warning light issue. It's more interesting to me that no one seems to know what it is and isn't in my manual.

Any help would be really, really appreciated :)

Thanks,

Frank

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi @FrankD

You've not been ignored, your post has only just gone live. Posts with links in from new members are moderated in our fight against spammers and I've only just got round to approving it. You should get some answers now, best of luck

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
It looks likeit could be a self-levelling warning. Maybe an option on the van and not fitted, or fitted and faulty

http://www.fiatprofessionalpress.co.uk/press/detail/158
Self-Levelling Rear Air Suspension

The Fiat Ducato's optional self-levelling rear suspension ensures constant vehicle attitude and exceptional ride comfort under all load conditions. The system allows the rear load threshold to be reduced by up to 70 mm to facilitate loadspace access, or raising of the rear of the vehicle to improve both ramp angle and ground clearance.

The load threshold level is lower than that of the conventional suspension system, and may be lowered still further via dashboard mounted switches. A choice of 11 threshold heights are available, 5 above and 5 below a central, default setting. Once adjusted, the height remains set up to a vehicle speed of 9 mph, whereupon the system automatically reverts to the default, driving height setting. For safety reasons, vehicle attitude may be adjusted only with the vehicle at a standstill, whilst the switches remain active with the engine off.

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
IH Tio RL
Exp
Learning to appreciate what time we have left
It looks likeit could be a self-levelling warning. Maybe an option on the van and not fitted, or fitted and faulty

http://www.fiatprofessionalpress.co.uk/press/detail/158
Self-leveling Rear Air Suspension

The Fiat Ducato's optional self-leveling rear suspension ensures constant vehicle attitude and exceptional ride comfort under all load conditions. The system allows the rear load threshold to be reduced by up to 70 mm to facilitate loadspace access or raising of the rear of the vehicle to improve both ramp angle and ground clearance.

The load threshold level is lower than that of the conventional suspension system, and may be lowered still further via dashboard-mounted switches. A choice of 11 threshold heights are available, 5 above and 5 below a central, default setting. Once adjusted, the height remains set up to a vehicle speed of 9 mph, whereupon the system automatically reverts to the default, driving height setting. For safety reasons, vehicle attitude may be adjusted only with the vehicle at a standstill, whilst the switches remain active with the engine off.

Hi Guys. We have the self-levelling option on our van. It has a 'Car' symbol of all things with arrows showing it up or down dependant on light colour. That being red for low-level fault and orange for an intermittent fault.
It stops off if all is ok. Have you tried to contact Fiat direct Italy at all? They are actually quite helpful and do respond normally within 24 hours. Just a thought

Kev

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Aircon? Yes,I know it wouldnā€™t warrant a red,but have looked on loads of sites and ,like you,canā€™t find it!

Nov 19, 2017
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta
Exp
Since 1989
I have the same problem on my 2010 Ducato. I thought it was the engine fluid reservoir. It varies from bright red to dim red. My windscreen wipers will not self park. I have given it back to the dealer, last week, for him to sort both problems under guarantee, and I will post his findings when I get the vehicle back

Nov 19, 2017
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta
Exp
Since 1989
Further to my above post, i have spoken today with Mike at Coleford Leisure where my Dethleffs A class is at the moment. He had my instrument cluster repaired in Plymouth. He said the lights on the clusters always cause problems and he sends them off regulary. He is waiting for a wiper motor specific for this A Class. Maybe you could speak to Mike. Hope this helps.

Oldgustaf

Free Member
Jun 28, 2019
Far west Wales
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T6501B
Exp
Since 2019
I am really hoping someone can help me out here. I have a Fiat Ducato swift escape 686 (2011) - I have had a strange light appear on the Dash that I have been unable to find out what it means online. I had a full service recently and someone put a computer on it but no fault code found (and they had never seen the warning light before). I sent it in to a local Fiat Dealer but it is not a light they have seen before either. The light is red so I am concerned its something serious but the light doesn't even appear in my manual.

I keep my motor home in storage and haven't got a picture of it illuminated. But I have made a drawing and found a picture online of a cluster with the same light un-illuminated.

Here's the drawing:

2011-FIAT-DUCATO.jpg

Here's a dash I found online with the same symbol but not illuminated:

5129414.jpg

Here's the response I got from a local Fiat car dealer:

Screenshot-1.jpg

I am really hoping someone could shed some light on what the warning light is. It is very bright so I think it probably isn't just the usual dim warning light issue. It's more interesting to me that no one seems to know what it is and isn't in my manual.

Any help would be really, really appreciated :)

Thanks,

Frank
Coolant level warning light - but if glowing dull red, it's a fault with the light not the coolant level.

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Could you take a picture of the actual glowing dash light rather than a sketch of it? Might not actually be what you think you see.

Also the position of this light is normally for the pre tensioner seatbelts.
It's possible the van has the wrong dash and the bulb behind is wired to seatbelts?
Trying to think out of the box a bit here as it is a strange one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Welp...almost certainly radiator coolant fan looking symbol to me. Outline is akin to the old school radiator with a cap. fan symbol for sure and fluid level as you say
I would be looking into the functioning of the cooling fans first

Tea break

Free Member
Jul 28, 2018
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Have searched the internet and canā€™t find anything that shows that symbol. A wild guess is it possibly radiator coolant level low.

Jan 17, 2022
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Hi did u manage to get this sorted and diagnose the problem as i have the same light on

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carbonkrazy

Free Member
Apr 8, 2022
Funster No
MH
Fiat
It's low engine coolant level light. Mine has just come on. Level was 50mm below the low mark. Topped it up, light went out. Will keep an eye on the level now.šŸ˜ƒ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back